Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
K-Meleon unresponsive while rendering web pages
Posted by: Vaidrius P.
Date: October 13, 2001 11:15PM

There is one annoying bug in K-Meleon (both 0.4 and 0.5): when gecko renders web page on my Pentium 133/64 MB RAM, K-Meleon gets completely unresponsive, I cannot switch between K-Meleon windows (but I can switch to other programs). As soon as page rendering is finished, K-Meleon works normally.

I think you should release K-Meleon more often, do not wait half a year, because it's opensource project, and still unfinished.

Maybe K-Meleon should use its own UserAgent string as Galeon does, something like "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; K-Meleon; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/20010913" (based on Mozilla's one, and not entirely K-Meleon as in version 0.4).

I really need manual page encoding selection and default charset (codepage) selection, because if no charset is specified in web page, gecko uses iso-8859-1,
and i need windows-1257 to get lithuanian letters, and there is no way to get K-Meleon show these letters but contacting web site maintainer and asking to edit its pages sad smiley And there should be accept-language option in preferences smiling smiley

Good work, guys!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon unresponsive while rendering web page
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 17, 2001 08:48PM

Vaidrius,

The display bug is a known bug. I'm not sure that there is currently a fix for that.

You can set the encoding and character set in the preferences. I'll see if I can get those settings again for you. We were able to get this to work for someone who needed German. We might be able to work this into the preferences in the next version.

As far as the releases go, part of that is dependent upon how often Mozilla is released. Plus, the developers have a limited amount of time to work on K-Meleon. If you can help out in anyway, that can help us get out new releases more often. Thanks for the feedback.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.