Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Comix no show
Posted by: David
Date: March 11, 2002 05:15AM

I'd appreciate it if someone else would try:

http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/comics/fwinker/about.htm

See if it works right for you. Don't just view the default strip, use the drop box to select a few older ones.

For me, the default strip loads, but the select form calls a js routine, and apparently that doesn't work quite right. When I select an older strip, the link loads an error graphic saying "Sorry, this image is currently unavailable."

If I right-click on that "Sorry" image and load it in a new window, then reload that window, I get the correct strip -- usually. Once it's in the cache, then it works fine ever after from the form on the original page.

What's puzzling is that the link above works just great with Netscape 4.08. (I can't try it in IE because I don't have it loaded on this machine.)

I've tried changing the user agent string in KM -- no dice.

The link's behavior with Off by One and Act 10 is similar to that with KM, which leads me to believe that it's the site that's broken, not the browser. Still, why does it work in an old Netscape and not in a new Mozilla-flavored browser?

Any thoughts?
Thanks,

David

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Comix no show
Posted by: Kurt
Date: March 11, 2002 08:51AM

I can confirm K-M's behavior on this URL as David explains.
Also with Netscape 4.79 all comics from earlier dates come up correctly.

Kurt

Posted by: Andrew
Date: March 11, 2002 12:49PM

David,

A lot of old Javascript will work in older browsers, like Netscape 4.x, and not current browsers like IE6 and Mozilla. Not sure if this is the case. I'll have to test it out first.

Andrew

Posted by: Test
Date: March 15, 2002 09:45AM

With Opera 6.01 no problems.

Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: March 20, 2002 12:50AM

Does not work with Mozilla 0.9.9
Does work with Netscape 4.78