Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
065 bugs
Posted by: Raven
Date: July 18, 2002 06:38PM

ok so now it worked..

- toolbar disappears sometimes and can't be switched back on via "view"
- bookmars editing: unable to drag bookmarks into empty folders
- uninstaller deletes whole dir, regardless of what's in it (remember, standard "save to" dir is k-meleon main dir? lost a lot through that)

compliments for the installer smiling smiley it doesn't run as long as the old loader.exe is running, yet.. it should say so winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 065 bugs
Date: July 19, 2002 12:51AM

Got anotherone:

Registering as default browser was left out again?
Because when I usually click on a URL in mIRC, it opens the default browser.
After installing 0.6 and running an additional programme from pc-tools to set it as default, it worked - after doing the same to 0.65 it doesn't load -any- browser at all.
Somehow this is just when working with mIRC 6.01, pc-tools's test to launch standard webbrowser runs fine - oh, except a "file not found" error from IE, I get that one when opening files from HDD as well, although it shows the file, it says file not found.
When working with The Bat (email client) it opens up two windows..

Would be nice if it registered itself as standard webbrowser on its own so one could be able to tell if its KM or that other tool.. (tool worked fine with NS 4/ IE5.5 switching though)
Win98SE

Posted by: po
Date: July 19, 2002 04:31AM

setbrowser sets the 'use DDE' flag when you use it to set a default browser; if you look at the associations for HTTP, FTP, etc, and uncheck the 'use DDE' box, it should all work better.

Date: July 21, 2002 09:00PM

thanx a lot, so that should fix some "file does not exist" things..

Date: August 07, 2002 03:34PM

Yet it still seems to lack an entry in the registry somewhere as mIRC 6.01 can't start it for URLs in IRC... actually it doesn't start anything unless I use another browser so that registry thingie would be a nice addition to the installer

I could set up and send you the code for the installer if you want since I use the same installer for my progs..

Date: August 07, 2002 07:28PM

^_^; I really hate to bug you but..

What's with that one bug I get.. When I try to fill out a form on any website, space randomly jumps to the end of the screen so I have to scroll up again after every word.. really nasty thing as I use forums a LOT...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.