Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
windows focus from one tab while drag-n-drop from another tab
Posted by: 888
Date: March 27, 2010 04:05PM

I noticed possible bug today.

When you have few tabs opened, and one of the tabbed pages is loading in the background while in the same time you drag-n-drop something from other tabbed page (it happened when I was dragging url link to desktop, and when I test it second time I was dragging picture to a folder) and the loading in the background tabbed page asks user to log-on - in which case K-Meleon brings the logon's window with informations from its stored cache - K-Meleon will freeze.
Can't finish dragging-dropping, and cannot switch to the background tab with the page for which K-Meleon opened the logon information to choose from on top.
I was able to replicate it three times in a row and I had to kill K-Meleon in Task Manager each time, so most likely it is a bug in my opinion.

Someone else please confirm it.
I just replicated it 3 times on Windows XP SP3 machine, K-M 1.5.4
The tabbed-in-the-background page (that should open K-Meleon's logon chooser for that webpapge) cannot be too fast, so choose a website that doesn't load too quick for you - I noticed it first, and tested it afterwards, with 4shared.com website (which always loads slow for me).
When I tried to replicate it with websites that load much faster, usually the K-Meleon's login window for that page pop-ups too fast.

The correct behaviour should be that the "choose logon" window should not pop up on top of K-Meleon's window in general (meaning on top of other tab in focus), it should only pop-up on top of the tab for which the logon info is to be selected - or it shouldn't "steal" the focus from what user was doing on other tab (in this case dragging-dropping). K-Meleon shouldn't freeze in such scenario.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2010 04:13PM by 888.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: windows focus from one tab while drag-n-drop from another tab
Posted by: desga2
Date: March 28, 2010 12:07PM

I can't replicate it in Win2K SP4 with KM 1.5.4, when you said:
(that should open K-Meleon's logon chooser for that webpapge)

You are referencing to you are using "remember password" option to logon in this site?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Re: windows focus from one tab while drag-n-drop from another tab
Posted by: 888
Date: April 04, 2010 07:10AM

desga2
I can't replicate it in Win2K SP4 with KM 1.5.4, when you said:
(that should open K-Meleon's logon chooser for that webpapge)

You are referencing to you are using "remember password" option to logon in this site?

Yes, excatly.
This brings the list of stored user's logons to the site.

I was going to take screenshots and replicate it myself afterI read your reply, but it's hard to replicate for me now. I happened because my ISP had speed problems that day (I found it out later), now it is usual speed and before I can start dragging anything from another tab, the "stored password/user to choose from" already pops up and I can't drag because the focus already switches to that pop up before I can drag anything.

But I have an idea. I'll try to replicate it by tweaking connection speed for my computer on the router box, or (if that won't do) I'll try with using dial-up connection, this should simulate slow connection well, because as I said earlier this happened when my ISP had some major problems that day in my area and my connection speed was very slow for short period of time (which is probably why the stored passwords pop-up appeared with delay). If you have modem maybe you can try it too?
Open 1 tab to a site where you login to, so the stored user/password will pop up when that page is loaded, hopefully few seconds later (i.e. gmail or something like that) and in the meantime open some different page in another tab and start dragiing i.e. the URL to the desktop, but don't drop it yet, just hold it with your mouse and wait for the "chosing user/password" pop up from the first tab to appear. This should do: what will happen is once the pop-up appears, you won't be able to drop the dragged URL to the desktop, the mouse cursor will indicate that you are dragging/dropping but when you release mouse button nothing will happen. And in the same time you won't be able to choose your user from the stored passwords pop-up window either. You will have to open Task Manager and kill frozen K-Meleon.

I'll try to take video if I'll succeed replicating this.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.