Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Wrap around problem (find on page)
Posted by: Bear
Date: May 08, 2010 11:15AM

I've turned wrap around on (did it in about:config, then with the actual button)
It seems to work fine on a lot of pages.
However, for some pages, it just doesn't. These seem to be "complicated" pages with sections (eg a section for comments).

eg on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_tennant
(Yay Doctor Who)
Searching, for example, "parody" won't return a result if you are 'below' the instance of the word.
Actually...searching anything then holding down the enter key just makes it hit the bottom of the page.

Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wrap around problem (find on page)
Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 08, 2010 11:38AM

@ Bear

I tried both KM 1.6.0a3 and 1.5.4 and the 'Wrap Around' worked for me. After you start 'Find in Page' do you see that 'Wrap Around' is on? It should have a border around it and have a white background.

Date: May 08, 2010 11:52AM

Yes, it is on.
Can you try on page [if you didn't]?
Scroll to the bottom, click on something, then search for 'parody'.

Date: May 08, 2010 11:52AM

["click on something" to 'set the mark' as it were']

Date: May 08, 2010 11:54AM

Sorry for the many posts but, another bit of info:
If the focus is set after the last instance of the word, and I try to find, it won't find it at all. Find previous finds it, though.

This is only on Wikipedia. If I run a google search and 'find' a word, it will zoom up and down the page if I hold enter.

Date: May 08, 2010 11:56AM

I have the same problem using the browser 'SeaMonkey', but not with 'FireFox'. Odd. I may have tweaked a setting in any of the browsers configs though.

Posted by: siria
Date: May 08, 2010 01:39PM

Or it's because James is probably using KM16alpha with gecko1.9, as I've read just in the last days somewhere, IIRC ;-)
I haven't tried the page myself, but sounds like the reason may very well be the version of the gecko engine. Your FF most likely is FF3.x with gecko1.9, and Seamonkey probably gecko 1.8.x, like KM154...

Oops, just reading again and seeing he tried KM154 too, hmm... *scratchinghead* ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2010 01:40PM by siria.

Posted by: desga2
Date: May 09, 2010 12:18AM

Yes, you are right, this seem a bug in find function, because can't to do "wrap around" in some complex web pages.

I think the find function can't detected the end of the web page to start the find again from the top of web page.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.