Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Problem viewing some GIFs
Posted by: Phillip
Date: January 06, 2004 07:44PM

I'm having trouble viewing a particular GIF on our main webpage with .8.2 that I had no problem viewing with .8.0. When I go to the image URL, instead of seeing the image, I see the text of the URL. Other GIFs show up just fine, but this one doesn't. Also, instead of saying "(GIF Image, ##x## pixels)", it says "( Image)" in the title bar.

The only reason I'm fairly certain that this is a bug is that I've got two machines right next to each other, one running .8.0 and one running .8.2, and one can display the image while the other doesn't.

Any Ideas?

Thank You,

Phillip

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem viewing some GIFs
Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 06, 2004 08:15PM

I've had no problem viewing the all gifs on KM's site(the green lizard to the left for example) What's the URL with the problematic gifs?

Re: Problem viewing some GIFs
Posted by: Phillip
Date: January 06, 2004 08:36PM

Well, just to make sure, I did a fresh install of .8.2 on a different machine, and the GIF showed up fine. The other install was an upgrade from .8.1, so perhaps the problem was there. I've reinstalled and transferred the settings from the previous install and everything seems to be working fine now. In case you're still curious, the url for the problematic image was:

http://www.lib.chattanooga.gov/images/pastel.gif

Thank you,

Phillip

(BTW, I should probably mention that K-meleon is a great little browser)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.