Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
2 reproducable bugs
Posted by: Joey
Date: January 06, 2004 12:22AM

Hi

Bug#1

Open a K-Meleon window, click the search button, enter some text
Open a seond K-Meleon window, click the search button, enter some text

Go online (if you are not always online), click the first Search 'OK', click the second search 'OK' -> crash

Bug #2
This is a new bug, comes with the 0.8.2-K-Meleon

Config the Loader to Precreate Window (The FASTER option)

From now on every time Windows restarts you have an open K-Meleon-Window.
With 0.8 the window was precreated alright, but NOT visible.
I don't want to have an open browser window, when I boot, I just want a fast findow when I click on it smiling smiley

Additionally when I then close the window, K-Meleon goes bakc to the 'none' Setting, that means, it is much slower when starting up, it has to create the window completely new.
(if you have a sound effect every time a program starts, you can hear it ;-)
Additionally I have to close the last window two times, before K-meleon shuts it.

The EXTREME-Setting hast the same behaviour as the FASTER setting, but it doesn't work all crappy like before (window fragments remained and so on)

Replacing the Loader coming with 0.82 with the Loader coming with the old 0.8 Loader did not work.

I have Win98 SE, some new libraries installed (the vcredist.exe), if you have any questions:
gropie@gmx.de

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2 reproducable bugs
Posted by: ra
Date: January 06, 2004 02:45AM

Joey, report your bugs to the bts.
#2 might also be related to the fix for bug 12 but that's only a vary guess (I don't use the loader).

Posted by: Kidman
Date: January 09, 2004 03:08PM

#2 seems to be the same issue as Bug 196. I reported that quite a while back.

Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: January 10, 2004 10:13PM

Joey wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Bug#1
>
> Open a K-Meleon window, click the search button, enter some
> text
> Open a seond K-Meleon window, click the search button, enter
> some text
>
> Go online (if you are not always online), click the first
> Search 'OK', click the second search 'OK' -> crash
>
>
Can't reproduce bug #1
When I open a search window in the first K-M window and enter text, I can't open a second window anymore.

When I open two K-M windows and I open a search window and enter text, I can go to the second K-M window and do the same.
When I go back to the first K-M window and push ok and go to the second K-M window and push ok also I get the search results in the two K-M windows, without a crash.

Bernard (XP home)

Posted by: david
Date: January 11, 2004 06:41AM

Joey,
Regarding bug #1, I cannot reproduce this, either, on Windows 98 SE.

Regarding the problem of not being able to open a new window when the search text dialog is opened (Bernard), I have a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+K) that points to k-meleon, and that's how I opened the 2nd window.

However, when I open the 1st window, click the search button, enter a search query, open the 2nd window, click the search button & enter a query, then return to the first window and click OK & go to the 2nd window & click OK, the first window does nothing until I have clicked the OK button in the 2nd window. And after that, the first window just opens http://www.google.com/search?q= (i.e., w/o the search query) and the 2nd window opens google w/ the correct query.

No crash here...

Posted by: Joeri Samson
Date: January 12, 2004 12:08AM

David wrote:
> However, when I open the 1st window, click the search button, enter a search
> query, open the 2nd window, click the search button & enter a query, then return to > the first window and click OK & go to the 2nd window & click OK, the first window
> does nothing until I have clicked the OK button in the 2nd window. And after that,
> the first window just opens http://www.google.com/search?q= (i.e., w/o the search > query) and the 2nd window opens google w/ the correct query

For me it's the same but when I do it the other way around and first search in the second window and then in the first it will crash, as predicted by Joey.

Posted by: Joeri Samson
Date: January 12, 2004 12:09AM

Oops..

Posted by: rmn
Date: January 12, 2004 04:09PM

#1 is Bug 634. Post important infos there.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.