Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
K-M B4 CPU and memory usage.
Posted by: logiman
Date: December 19, 2004 05:20AM

I downloaded and installed K-Meleon 9.0 Beta 4 and initially thought it was good with the exception that the browser appeared sluggish compared to the old stable 0.8.2 official version. What concerns me is the massive CPU usage on my Pentium 3 667MHz processor. When opened and browsing sites with various media content such as Flash, it uses 85% to 95% of my processor power. This beta uses as much memory as Mozilla Firefox approximately 33MB. I also am experiencing connection kick offs. I don't know if K-Meleon is doing this or my ISP is doing this so that is only speculative, but the CPU and memory usage should be of concern since this browser is marketed as a light and fast browser. Now if this beta version uses this much CPU power, I can only imagine what it will do to older processors. The old K-Meleon didn't take as much memory as this beta. Infact it was about 10 MBs or less. Being lean and fast is one of the things that got me using K-Meleon in the first place. I think this should be fixed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-M B4 CPU and memory usage.
Date: December 19, 2004 05:24AM

Now it says it uses 37MB of RAM. Slightly more than Firefox. Someone comfort me? J/K.

Date: December 19, 2004 09:29AM

Ahh nevermind. I think I figured out what's going on.

Posted by: ra
Date: December 19, 2004 12:51PM

Just minimize all K-M-windows if K-M uses too much memory.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.