Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
my found bugs in 0.9 final
Posted by: Sebastian
Date: January 21, 2005 08:26AM

in macros:

LayersWindows{
$var=""; setpref(BOOL,$layers,true); setpref(BOOL,$catch,false);
setpref(STRING,$mode,$var); &Sync;
alert("You will now be able to browse using layers and multiple windows. If switching from Windows Only mode, you'll need to restart K-Meleon for Layers and Windows mode to take effect.","Browsing Mode: Layers & Windows", INFO);
}

has to be:

LayersWindows{
$var=""; setpref(BOOL,$layers,true); setpref(BOOL,$catch,false);
$bool=false; $menu=true; &Scripts; setpref(STRING,$mode,$var); &Sync;
alert("You will now be able to browse using layers and multiple windows. If switching from Windows Only mode, you'll need to restart K-Meleon for Layers and Windows mode to take effect.","Browsing Mode: Layers & Windows", INFO);
}

-
the "clear history" still doesnt work correctly.if I restart k-m the history-file is full again.Only the pricacy-plugin-option "clear on startup/shutdown" works.
-
if I open a view-source-window for the first time I started k-m and I want to copy something from the code, the view-source-window goes in the background and I have to fetch it to foreground again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my found bugs in 0.9 final
Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 21, 2005 09:38AM

LayersWindows shouldn't be changed to that because users may use 'BLOCK sites from altering browser settings' regardless of the mode they are in. The reason the Scripts macro is used in the LayersOnly macro is to catch JS windows which aren't caught by the layers catch pref alone and so that JS scripts from webpages don't resize the browser just for 1 layer causing all layers to be resized.

Date: January 21, 2005 10:50AM

maybe you ought to separate "altering-windows" and "new-windows" functions?

Date: January 21, 2005 03:48PM

in macros:

Cookies{
$xul="chrome://cookie/content/pref-cookies.xul"; &XUL; $loaded="CookMgr";
}

should be:

Cookies{
$xul="chrome://communicator/content/wallet/CookieViewer.xul"; &XUL; $loaded="CookMgr";
}

Posted by: ra
Date: January 21, 2005 04:17PM

Are you sure? The second one doesn't show me the stored cookies whereas they can be reached through the first one (button)...

Date: January 21, 2005 07:01PM

maybe you ought to separate "altering-windows" and "new-windows" functions?

That would mean Layers Only mode would be Layers Mostly mode :-). Also, the user can always toggle ALLOW/BLOCK sites from altering browser settings from Tools-Adv Prefs. So the user can separate them if desired.

Posted by: rmn
Date: January 22, 2005 02:24AM

Just reminding: Don't forget the two other bugs mentioned in the first post. smiling smiley

Date: January 22, 2005 03:13AM

I can reproduce the History bug, but not the view source bug. Opens in the foreground for me.

Date: January 22, 2005 03:50AM

The view source bug is around for quite some time. I never bothered to report it.

- Right click - View Page Info - *View Source* => Source window will open
- Right click into the source window.

The window will instantly jump to the background instead of opening the desired right click menu. If you bring this source window to the foreground now it works as expected.

That's with K-M 0.9 (if it should make a difference: layers are disabled) & Win XP SP2. (all 0.9 beta versions show the same behaviour).

Date: January 22, 2005 04:48AM

I still can't produce that. Followed your steps. Always opens in foreground for me. If the layes catch pref is off it opens in its own window and is in the foreground. In Layers Only it opens in a foreground layer. Right-clicking into the source window/layer and the menu appears as desired for me. Win2k SP4

Date: January 22, 2005 03:44PM

I still can't produce that. Followed your steps.

Strange.

Always opens in foreground for me.

For me too!

If the layes catch pref is off it opens in its own window and is in the foreground. In Layers Only it opens in a foreground layer.

Please disable the plugin for the sake of testing. Maybe that makes the difference once again.

Right-clicking into the source window/layer and the menu appears as desired for me.

Not here. The very first right-click into the pop-up window (window without navigation, menu and so on) sends the window to the background. Any subsequent right-clicks (after switching to the window again) bring up the right-click menu like they should.

If the source window is closed and newly opened the first right-click will put it into the background again. It's not the first time after K-M startup like reported in the beginning by Sebastian, but always after opening the source window.

Date: January 22, 2005 07:51PM

Strange. I was able to reproduce it in a new test profile, but I can't reproduce it in my default profile. Even without the catchOpen pref being true, the default profile always keeps it in the foreground. Tried to find differences between the profiles other than toolbar setup & can't. shrug. But the bug does appear to exist. Just not in my default profile. Go figure. :-|

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.