Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Question Concerning KM desga's cp4-version
Posted by: duffy2009
Date: September 21, 2010 11:03AM

Over this past weekend I was able to get the 1.6 desga's cp4-version working on my Win 98SE notebook. I have been posting information and getting help in the General thread. I have a question about the desga's cp4-version. I am having no problems so far and everything seems to be working 100%. The only thing is that I noticed the "security lock" in the lower right corner is always locked, whether I am on a "https" site or just a "http" site. It is never open, I was wondering if this is just something for the future to be worked on or should I be seeing the "security lock" open and close? ... thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question Concerning KM desga's cp4-version
Posted by: desga2
Date: September 21, 2010 05:11PM

I think this icon is different in K-Meleon 1.6, isn't ever lock, but the icon image seems ever lock.
In 1.5.x the icon image are unlock or lock, in 1.6.x the image is lock broken or lock. (But the line that broken the lock isn't showed very clear)
I think there are some image in some thread about 1.6 in forums.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: siria
Date: September 21, 2010 05:46PM

Still wondering if there isn't any way to change that misleading icon to something clearer? Everyone out there will think like us, that it were permanently locked and KM just buggy :-(

Date: September 21, 2010 05:46PM

desga2 ... I can see that fine line for lock and unlock, didn't notice it before. After I posted the last message I then noticed that the color will turn yellow to match the URL bar for a https site. I didn't notice the color change before.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 22, 2010 01:16PM
Posted by: desga2
Date: September 22, 2010 02:57PM

@ disrupted:
Are this icons free?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: September 22, 2010 03:08PM

disrupted ... nice looking icon. I'm not sure what I am seeing. Is this what I should be seeing on my computer? ... or is this a sample of a newer security lock icon? Definitely can see locked and unlocked with that version.

Date: September 22, 2010 03:30PM

free..yes of course, i drew them.

duffy.. both the nosecure and broken icons are not included with 1.6. it was a long time ago when i made several ones. dorian opted for nosecure3 and borken1 which weren't my first choices.. i don't know if dorian received the other variations because of mail address change. i use them anyways in 1.5.4.. in the end it's dorian's call for which icons suit kmeleon better but you can add different ones using a binary resource editor like reshacker
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/tests/padlock

Date: September 23, 2010 12:03PM

disrupted ... thanks for the links to the security lock icons and for mentioning about ResHacker. I downloaded a copy. I have a question, I like the lock icons in KM v1.5.4 ... Can I move or bring those icons into KM v1.6 ? ... how complicated would that be?

... I did a search for the security lock icons (*.ico) in both the KM 1.5.4 and KM 1.6 folders. I didn't find them in either folder.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2010 12:46PM by duffy2009.

Date: September 23, 2010 10:07PM

it's not complicated, the icons are compiled inside the kmeleon.exe itself and first you'll need to extract them from 1.5.x exe

open 1.5 kmeleon.exe in resource hacker, expand the folder called 'icon group'. communication icons numbers are 183(secure), 184(nonsecure), 185 (broken)
select theicon you want to extract and right click and select 'save icon group'

you can also find all 3 icons in the kmeleon cvs inside the 'res' folder:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmeleon/files/k-meleon-src/1.5.0/K-MeleonBE1.5.7z/download

after saving the 3 icons, open 1.6 kmeleon.exe in reshacker and expand the icon group, same icons have same id numbers.. select icon you want to replace and right click and select 'replace resource', browse to the replacement icon you have extracted from 1.5.4 and open it..click replace in the editor dialog and when you have finished replacing all needed icons..click on file>save

Date: September 24, 2010 02:34AM

disrupted ... thanks again for all the info. I tried twice to move the icons but I must be missing a step somewhere. The lock icons stay the same. I will play around with it more later on and get it figured out. At least I have the steps and I know where the icons are located. thanks ...

... OK, I had more time today and finally got everything figured out. I was missing a couple steps. Got the v1.5.4 Security Lock icons into the v1.6 preBeta version. ... thanks again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 08:32PM by duffy2009.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.