Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Hotlist (opera bookmarks) - bug? (and a bit 'Bookmarks' RFE)
Posted by: siria
Date: September 24, 2010 06:39PM

There seems to be a bug in the Hotlist plugin, if anyone can confirm?

In Hotlist>Edit, when right-clicking on "All bookmarks" (=on top), one can create new folders and new bookmarks, but afterwards they vanish in Nirwana . If there were existing bookmarks moved into the new folder, they are deleted.

The same actions work fine if starting the right-click anywhere else further down.

I know the Hotlist is quite outdated and not exactly on top of the priority list :cool: but if links are vanishing that's critical IMO. Perhaps a minimal fix would be to simply gray out the "new" entries if the mouse is over "All bookmarks"?

------

But while I'm at it, also a little improvement request, or two...:
Unlike with "Netscape" Bookmarks, there's no "Delete" entry in the Hotlist context menu. The DEL-key works fine, but am afraid many people nowadays don't know such 'advanced' shortcuts :cool:

Both "Bookmarks" and "Hotlist" Plugin have no copy/paste/cut entry in the "Edit" context menus.
Well, and a "search" function is working fine too, just not in the menu either, so bet most users think there's just no way to search....

Thinking about it, not sure how many newbies will even realize that there is a context-menu at all?? I sometimes wonder about seemingly 'stupid' questions, but perhaps they aren't so stupid at all:
Actually in the "Bookmarks" Edit pane there is a HELP-button, which is great, just missing the tip how to create new folders. Perhaps simply add a line in that help-alert that one can right-click to find more commands? And add hints about cut-copy-paste, or even add those to context menu?

Well, and add that help-button also for "Hotlist", because there is nothing at all to find...
Okay I stop now... grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 10:03PM by siria.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hotlist (opera bookmars) - bug? (and a bit 'Bookmarks' RFE)
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 24, 2010 08:26PM

Reproduced:

Go Hotlist (Icon or Menue) right-click Edit then right click next to (same hight as entry) All Bockmarks, now choose New Folder to create a new folder.

Then close the Edit menue and the new folder is deleted/disappears (including links moved there).

You mean that?

p.s. It works normal when the new folder is created when mouse is next (same hight as) to the existing bookmarks.

That is how normal users like me always do it tongue sticking out smiley

Try to create a new folder inside a folder does create a folder at the same level.
Can You try that also, siria?

Kann scheinbar auch keine Verzeichnisse in Verzeichnissen machen?
Probier mal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 08:35PM by guenter.

Re: Hotlist (opera bookmarks) - bug? (and a bit 'Bookmarks' RFE)
Date: September 24, 2010 09:59PM

Interesting... I think you found a cue why things get deleted that way!
If the mouse hovers over a folder while creating anything, the new stuff is not created inside but instead side by side to the hovered folder! And of course the same level as "all bookmarks" cannot be, so it vanishes....

Same for creating a subfolder, it works okay if the mouse is hovering inside while creating, alternatively the folders can also be dragged inside afterwards.

PS: The "Netscape Bookmarks" have this correct, they create already inside, not next to hovered folders :cool:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 10:02PM by siria.

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 24, 2010 10:17PM

Hotlist bug sound similar to this bug in Bookmarks: #1242

I want rebuild all kplugins for 1.6.x, are old and need maintenance to update it to the current times.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: September 24, 2010 11:19PM

It's not quite the same, in the "Bookmarks" plugin the new stuff isn't deleted, only subfolders not shown until restart... But frankly, I just tried it, and instantly see new subfolders inside other new folders. Hmmm - is this an advantage of win98?! grinning smiley

Rebuilding sounds good, but like a LOT of work for "all" kplugins, whow smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 11:22PM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 25, 2010 01:49PM

desga2
Hotlist bug sound similar to this bug in Bookmarks: #1242

Is not similar IMHO (though it can be technically related?) - maybe code from bookmarks plugin can be used to fix?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.