Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: beta 2
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 22, 2010 03:59PM

kenshiro
I do not know if I'll install. Because I checked and find out that I already have the C + + installed in my WinXP.
I think it's the newer version, it is written C + + 2008 Redistributable x86-9.0.30729.4148.

You need VC8 aka VC2005 Redistributable libraries. Available AFAIK SP1.
Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 is the default compiler that Mozilla uses for 1.9.x GRE and Dorian uses that for K-Meleon 1.6 also. mozcrt19.dll = Mozilla Custom C Runtime, msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll standard runtime. All = Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005.

Not VC9 aka Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2008 libraries - that is another compiler.

For typeahead function K-Meleon uses either one, some or all 3? ./K-Meleon/components/suitetypeahead.dll, tkautoc.dll or tkhstory.dll.

siria
guenter
Its a myth that anything in the skins but one toolbars.cfg file was altered since January 2010. You are talking about exactly the same images. Please check the time attribute to verify. Either kernelX has been improved or the K-Meleon code has been changed.

No, the readable privbar wasn't part of an official release, that's why. It was in that thread when I first tested the aura skin, when it was first available, there was a bit discussion and someone posted this modified version. It worked instantly. Same KM-version as before, and same Kex-version as before smiling smiley

Its a myth to claim that You mentioned that before. sad smiley

Who do You think is going to change anything - if You do not submit that fix either to the folks that adapted the skin's icons for K-Meleon or to a K-Meleon dev?

Its wishful thinking that anyone but kernelX users can test that/Your fix.

And it is a myth (halte ich für ein Gerücht!), that I am going to do anything about Your complaint.

Win98 does not support in the same way as NT based systems. Its a myth that this optical problem is a K-Meleon but not a windows9x bug.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2010 08:28PM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kenshiro
Date: December 22, 2010 06:00PM

Guys!

Damn! I am very stubborn. All this time, the answer was there, you guys were speaking to me to install it but I did not want to because of my stubborn.:drool:
The problem was the lack of installation of Visual Basic C + + 2005.
I still do not understand why use Visual Basic 2005 to solve , and Why not use 2008 version wich is more newer .
But at least the problem was solved.grinning smiley
Thank you to everyone who helped me.grinning smiley
Now I'm 100% happy, waiting for the official version 1.6.x KM.
Merry Christmas and Happy 2011.

Date: December 22, 2010 08:37PM

Glad You solved the problem.

kenshiro
Guys!

The problem was the lack of installation of Visual Basic C + + 2005.
I still do not understand why use Visual Basic 2005 to solve , and Why not use 2008 version wich is more newer .

Merry Christmas and Happy 2011.

You forgot siria, she is no guy tongue sticking out smiley

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package is updated to SP1 that is very new.

Visual Basic is another program language smiling smiley

After a project like Mozilla or K-Meleon is started with a compiler it creates AFAIK much extra work to do it with a newer compiler. Newer is not always better.
VC8 (Visual Studio 2005) ships the official compiler for building Mozilla/GRE.. It is more efficient to build with it.

Feliz Natal e Feliz 2011!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2010 08:46PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 22, 2010 08:44PM

kenshiro, that's good news! No weird new bug, just that infamous vcredist installation missing again (but since beta2 linked from the download page) smiling smiley

(offtopic)
guenter
Its a myth to claim that You mentioned that before. sad smiley

About win9x skin transparency 2-4 times, although for various skins... Guess first time in the Krameleon thread, with screenshot. Transparent background, although NOT pink, and invisible privbar text.
And look here for a win9x-screenshot of the KM1.6 default skin with detailed description, from last summer. The main bar background is original and NOT pink, yet transparent, only some of the other toolbars (like Find Bar at bottom) have a non-working black background:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?10,100250,107580#msg-107580

My main point is just, it still is NOT true that an updated win9x would need PINK backgrounds for transparency, but it keeps getting claimed, so I keep replying that every other color works just as well tongue sticking out smiley
Am not an expert in image properties, but if I'm interpreting my past experiences right, win9x just has problems with partial opacity, like "pixel 30% transparent", while "100% transparent pixels" can be any color. That would also explain why the privbar has no text: Guess it's black text on black background, so win9x thinks "black=transparent always". Opacity is not realized.

guenter
Win98 does not support in the same way as NT based systems. Its a myth that this optical problem is a K-Meleon but not a windows9x bug.

When did I claim this?? Just trying to make clear which 'sort' of transparency works in skin bitmaps in win9x, and that pink isn't needed. Of course it's a win9x prob that opacity doesn't work in skins, have never blamed it on the K-Meleon software.

----
PS: Ever since I was in a girls-only american forum, and they kept calling each other "guys", I take that as multi-gender, LOL! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2010 08:47PM by siria.

Posted by: vasa1
Date: January 26, 2011 05:11PM

The screenshots provided by Kenshiro are virtually what I see. And thanks to the suggestions here, I too will have to download the "old" 2005 stuff to get my 1.6 beta 2 to look "complete". I'm glad I came across this thread.

Date: January 26, 2011 05:47PM

I just downloaded the 2005 stuff. Installed it.

Uninstalled 1.6.0 beta 2 but kept my profile.

Re-installed 1.6.0 beta 2 and it's perfect. Thank you all!!!

If I may suggest, the point should really, really be emphasized on the download page!

Even though there's this: If you have problems to run some 1.6.0 Beta version is possible you need install: VS2005 Redistributable. It never got into my head that I needed it. Thanks to this thread, the fact sunk in.

BTW, I'm on Win XP SP3 just like Kenshiro. Okay! Now to tweak a little more winking smiley. G'night!

Date: January 27, 2011 04:26AM

I don't know how many people are affected by this but anyway ...

I have modified my userContent.css to have the following lines:

* { background-color: #cc9933 !important; }
* html, body { background-color: #cc9933 !important; transparent !important; }
* { color: black !important; }

The result is that I have black text on a brownish background. (A White background hurts my eyes.)

With the 1.6 beta, I find that if I click to open a link in the current (active) tab, the screen turns white (for a variable time) before my userContent.css has effect. If I remember correctly, this didn't happen with 1.5.4.

(Just to be fair, it has started happening with Firefox 4 betas but didn't happen in Fx 3.6.13. Perhaps, it has something to do with changes in the underlying engine? Just a guess!)

In edit: my workaround is to open most links in background tabs so it is only rarely an inconvenience to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2011 04:35AM by vasa1.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 27, 2011 01:49PM

vesa1
With the 1.6 beta, I find that if I click to open a link in the current (active) tab, the screen turns white (for a variable time) before my userContent.css has effect. If I remember correctly, this didn't happen with 1.5.4.

(Just to be fair, it has started happening with Firefox 4 betas but didn't happen in Fx 3.6.13. Perhaps, it has something to do with changes in the underlying engine? Just a guess!)

I have noticed some pages display with everything stacked to the left and a few moments later the css kicks in and formatting happens. I am using Beta2 and this it is the css from the site that is late.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: January 27, 2011 03:40PM

JamesD
vesa1

I have noticed some pages display with everything stacked to the left and a few moments later the css kicks in and formatting happens. I am using Beta2 and this it is the css from the site that is late.

JamesD,

Can you provide a URL so I can check it with KM 1.6 Beta1?

Tks.

N

Date: January 27, 2011 04:06PM

It is random. I will try to remember to grab the URL next time it happens.

Re: K-Meleon 1.6 beta 2
Posted by: siria
Date: January 27, 2011 08:30PM

vasa1
The result is that I have black text on a brownish background. (A White background hurts my eyes.)
With the 1.6 beta, I find that if I click to open a link in the current (active) tab, the screen turns white (for a variable time) before my userContent.css has effect. If I remember correctly, this didn't happen with 1.5.4

Uah, I understand about eye probs, but your settings are really extreme, you're missing lots of information based on different text colors and miss quite some images this way, not only 'real' background images sad smiley And in the usercontent.css those rules can't be toggled without a restart, unlike in the adblock.css (which I "abuse" all the time for my own css stuff ;-)

Anyway, there's a hidden pref to change the background color of new or empty pages, perhaps it helps?

Goto "about:config" page, and type "background" into the filter line.
That'll bring up a pref named "browser.display.background_color".
Right-click on it and input any color you like.

Personally I've set it to "#ffffc8", that's a nice beige, much nicer than that glaring white, but still rather light smiling smiley

Not sure if there was any change between KM1.5 and 1.6, to me the color of new pages always looked the same. Perhaps you had already tweaked your KM1.5...

Date: January 28, 2011 03:42AM

Hi Siria and thanks for the helpful hints. I will digest them (as soon as I get over the excitement of LibreOffice Portable).

Date: January 28, 2011 06:18AM

Siria, I followed your instructions and now I'm happy! No pre-loading white even on those sneaky links that open in a new active tab or window.

The only thing I didn't do was use the colour you like. On my screen, it shows up nearly the same as white, at least that's what ColorCop shows me.

(I still have an issue with my userContent.css (now AdBlock.css) but don't know where to ask it since it isn't directly related to K-Meleon.)

Date: January 28, 2011 03:54PM

ndebord
JamesD

vesa1

JamesD,

Can you provide a URL so I can check it with KM 1.6 Beta1?

Tks.

N

This one was a little slow. Not as bad as some that I have

http://www.answers.com/topic/wake-on-lan

Posted by: ndebord
Date: January 29, 2011 05:29PM

JamesD,

OK, I went to the URL... my screen went white for a fraction of a second (I think). Hard to tell as it loaded so fast.

N

Date: January 30, 2011 03:21AM

ndebord
JamesD,

OK, I went to the URL... my screen went white for a fraction of a second (I think). Hard to tell as it loaded so fast.

If you don't mind my saying so, a fast internet connection often covers up things that are more noticeable on slower connections.

I have both a fast and a slow connection. While the faster one is obviously convenient, the slower one can be far more "educational" somewhat like frame-by-frame action replays. smiling smiley

Posted by: deadlock
Date: February 03, 2011 06:19PM

for those who like to test console/console2 in beta2:

I modified embed.jar of 'K-Meleon 1.6 beta 2'.

- dragging/scrolling crash removed
- disabled not working parts (dragndrop,findbar)
+ simple console works (was missing two files)
+ enabled menus for working parts
+ wheel-zoom, go to line, wrap, copy, select-all

http://rapidshare.com/files/446011347/embed_1.6.0_Beta2_en-US.rar
(updated link)
http://dhost.info/kmeleonskins/embed_1.6.0_Beta2_en-US.7z

Reason for crash was:
<browser type='content-primary'> should offer
window.content to child windows.

Until now this does not work in K-Meleon 1.6/1.7 alpha/beta.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2011 11:27PM by deadlock.

Date: February 05, 2011 09:13PM

Your versions fault tracer/source view works for me.
No crashes etc. Thx.

p.s. Changed format to 7zip so to load it up to location with no waiting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 11:30PM by guenter.

Date: February 07, 2011 11:23PM

Guenter,

thats nice

Firefox has line numbers in default source view.
That should be the way to go.
Only one command is needed to use it as console viewer
and several files in embed.jar would become obsolete.

As I always want what I can not get,
it is now day 12 of waiting for sourceforge.
Still no cvs/rsync/webcvs download.

You could put 1.6 or 1.7 sources 7z to your server
if a dev is willing to offer his local backup.

Date: February 08, 2011 09:35PM

deadlock

Firefox has line numbers in default source view.
That should be the way to go.
Only one command is needed to use it as console viewer
and several files in embed.jar would become obsolete.

As I always want what I can not get,
it is now day 12 of waiting for sourceforge.
Still no cvs/rsync/webcvs download.

You could put 1.6 or 1.7 sources 7z to your server
if a dev is willing to offer his local backup.

1.5.4 error Xul also had line numbers. But do not ask me how I made it. I do not remember.

IMHO all that does not need to change rapidly like K-Meleon's content windows can be chrome/XUL or whatever can be grabbed before it can climb a tree. grinning smiley

Most projects use tookit as backend now - why not also use elements from that?

If You know to make it - create what You think is needed and send the finished product with an explanation to Dorian & or desga2. The ppl that try to help on K-Meleon project since Dorian is core dev have often done it that way.

No idea whether desga2 already checked into CVS his chrome changes.
My guess he still worked on it. So they are older.

p.s. Hatte dir ne Mail geschrieben - kam retour.

Ich denke, XUL/chrome ist nicht fertig, sonstwären Datein zur Übersetzung frei gegeben.

Wenn das XUL schon in der CVS wäre - muß es eigentl. dem von Beta2 entsprechen, oder nur wenig weiter sein. Kann man nicht mit dieser Annahme weiter arbeiten?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2011 09:49PM by guenter.

Posted by: duffy98
Date: February 09, 2011 10:15AM

siria (or anyone) ... I have a question on this step to change colors ... in your post you say:

"Goto "about:config" page, and type "background" into the filter line.
That'll bring up a pref named "browser.display.background_color".
Right-click on it and input any color you like."

Where do I find the "about:config" page? Under the Edit tab I see Configuration with a menu to the right. Not sure what you are saying to do. ... thanks

... update: Never mind, I found the "about:config" page and the filter line. I stumbled into it somehow ... not sure what I did but I will retrace my steps.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 10:22AM by duffy98.

Date: February 09, 2011 10:28AM

vasa1 ... read your post on changing the KM background color ... You posted

"The only thing I didn't do was use the colour you like. On my screen, it shows up nearly the same as white, at least that's what ColorCop shows me."

I'd like to know what color you chose to use ... what are the letters ... like to try it. I also don't like all the "white" and bright look either. ... thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 10:33AM by duffy98.

Date: February 09, 2011 10:37AM

You can type "about:config" into the URL field and press Enter.
Else You can go there via Menu: Edit -> Configuration -> Browser Configuration.

Color can be coded by name with English words, "white". Else colors can be coded with Hexadecimal number #FFFFFF (also white) or RGB (I forgot how this works).

Since there are millions of shades, more than English has words for colors, hexadecimal AFAIK is the most common anotation for colors on HTML pages.

Info about colors can be found via google: "color html page" or similar word combinations. If You need/search a generator to preview use search string "CSS color page generator" or similar ones.

You can find generators that combine previews of text (color) and background color ( <body { background-color:#E0E0E0> ). Maybe shop around a little.

I hope that this info facilitates Your quest to find and apply a color scheme that is easier for Your eyes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 12:13PM by guenter.

Date: February 09, 2011 01:22PM

guenter ... hey thanks for your help. I didn't know I could just type "about:config" into the URL field ... that's easy. Yes, I figured out how to also get in through the Edit > Configuration tab. Vasa1 mentioned in his post about Color Cop ... I went and got that program, wasn't sure if it would work with 98SE but it seems to. I was interested in the Hexadecimal color number that vasa1 had decided he liked, the number thing seems to be a better way to go, since as you said, there are millions of shades. I like the shade that siria is using, the nice beige color but I am fooling around with a few colors also. Color Cop doesn't seem to give me the Hexadecimal numbers to add manually to "about:config > background". I may not be doing something right. I have to work with it some more and I will search for a few other programs. ... thanks again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 01:23PM by duffy98.

Date: February 09, 2011 03:53PM

siria uses K-Meleon since version 0.8.2 or before when only about:config existed. smiling smiley

So do I. grinning smiley

Plus about:config can be used with SeaMonkey, Firefox... where I do not know where the tab is. :cool:

Beside local programs there are some good sites that give You "CSS color schemes" and "CSS color generators".

Some can search You matching and complement colors... e.g. http://colorschemedesigner.com/

Locally I usually use Irfan Viewer. I just put the mouse pointer into a picture and it gives me point(x/Y), RGB(color) and Hex(color) for that location. No idea whether Irfan still supports win98.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 03:57PM by guenter.

Date: February 09, 2011 04:38PM

I am using KM v1.5.4 and v1.6 Beta 2 for now. Yes, Irfan still works with all Windows. ... from the website: IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 , 2008, Vista, Windows 7.

I was searching online for some color generators ... all very interesting. Learned some new stuff today. I think I found a color I can live with ... thanks for all the help.

Date: February 09, 2011 06:50PM

duffy98
I think I found a color I can live with ...

Great.

Date: February 11, 2011 04:42PM

@guenter
CVS is up again grinning smiley
guenter
p.s. Hatte dir ne Mail geschrieben - kam retour.
Thanks for the info! - new address.

guenter
Wenn das XUL schon in der CVS wäre - muß es eigentl. dem von Beta2 entsprechen, oder nur wenig weiter sein. Kann man nicht mit dieser Annahme weiter arbeiten?
CVS has gecko 1.7.4 not 1.9.1..

---
Update:
console2/console->view-source bug

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,113048,114480#msg-114480
--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2011 01:24PM by deadlock.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.