Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
User Agent without Gecko date causes issues (1.6b2)
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: January 21, 2011 02:16AM

I found that the default user agent lacks the date of the Gecko build. If this happens, the webpages doesn't recognize K-meleon as a desktop browser, or even worst.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.17pre) Gecko/20101130 K-Meleon/1.6.0

Adding by myself the date, the pages start to recognize K-meleon as a desktop browser.

Test site: www.terra.es

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: User Agent without Gecko date causes issues (1.6b2)
Posted by: desga2
Date: January 22, 2011 12:30PM
Date: January 22, 2011 03:21PM

I see...

As it wasn't messed up enough that some don't recognize any browser, now the method is changed :mad:

Well, I made my costum, as I had, but..., well, nothing. Changes, changes and more changes.

Quote for the explanation to be at hand, even disrupted tell in the other link from your link.

hacks.mozilla.org
6) The Gecko build date in the “Gecko/yyyymmdd” token has been frozen to 20100101 for Firefox releases. This means:

* If you want to detect whether the browser is genuine Gecko, search for the strings “Gecko” and “rv:”. The presence of these two strings will distinguish Gecko from browsers who state they are “like Gecko” in the UA string.
* If you want to determine the Gecko version, first — as noted above — consider carefully whether you can feature-sniff instead. If you must, obtain it from the “rv:x.y.z” string.

If you are presently using the build date or otherwise depending on the exact format of the “Gecko/yyyymmdd” token, stop! In the next major release of Gecko, this will be replaced by the string “Gecko/”. If you rely on the fact that this will be followed by a date string, you will break.

Date: January 22, 2011 03:51PM

Oh, I forgot to comment something.

Remember what I said with certificates in that topic?

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,112235,page=4#msg-113238

Well, the lack of the date in the user agent, is the cause. Just to aware people.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.