modifier keys picked up very poorly
Posted by: Leandros
Date: March 07, 2011 10:38PM

Hi,

I've lately noticed that k-meleon has become very sluggish when I use key combos that involve alt and ctrl, for things like changing tabs (ctrl+tab), opening the rebarmenu for websearch (alt+s) and typing in the address bar (alt+d), and was wondering if anyone knew what was up with that.
I think it started when I changed to the 1.60b2, though it might've been since I got a new videocard (doubtful, but I did go nvidia->amd), the two events were close together.

Anyway, this is a pretty annoying thing to happen, as it kills productivity, making me check to see if the commands are actually being picked up on. Another example: when I've typed in a search term in the address bar and press alt+s for the search menu, it sometimes interprets my pressing keys as being for the address bar rather than the menu I've just opened. For instance, pressing arrow down will sometimes cause the address bar to jump to a recently entered address, pressing W for wikipedia search will add a W to the search term, etc. Does anyone know of a fix, or is this simply inherent to the new build?

Thanks in advance,

Leandros

Re: modifier keys picked up very poorly
Posted by: siria
Date: March 08, 2011 05:15AM

No prob here....
(1.6b2 on win98 :coolsmiling smiley

Date: March 08, 2011 05:21PM

Yeah, I guess I should be using a 13-year old OS rather than one from this millennium.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 08, 2011 08:44PM

@ Leandros

I am using KM 1.6.0 beta2 on Win 7 (32 bit) and I don't think I see any slowdown using accelerator keys. These keys are not something that I use often, so I will have to test to check.

changing tabs (ctrl+tab), opening the rebarmenu for websearch (alt+s) and typing in the address bar (alt+d),

I tried (alt+d) and that highlighted the URL in the address bar instantly.
(alt+s) brought up the 'Sessions' menu instantly.
(ctrl+tab) took me to the next tab instantly.

Typing a search word in the URL bar and using (alt+s) still brings up the 'Sessions' menu.

What operating system are you using? Do any other applications on your machine seem to be slow using accelerator keys?

Date: March 09, 2011 02:56PM

I'm on Win7 64bit, nothing else is sluggish. Other programs (Media Player Classic HC to name one) are fine. The intensity of sluggishness in the program varies a bit as well.

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 13, 2011 02:21AM

Can you test if K-Meleon 1.5.4 have this problem in your Win7 64bit?

Can someone with Win7 64bit try to reproduce the problem?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: March 18, 2011 08:36PM

desga2
Can you test if K-Meleon 1.5.4 have this problem in your Win7 64bit?

Can someone with Win7 64bit try to reproduce the problem?
Posting from 1.5.4, nothing wrong. A completely unrelated bug I've been noticing lately is the browser becomes completely unresponsive to anything involving the left mouse button. Only unfocussing the program (ie clicking on the desktop and then on kmeleon again) seems to fix it, really weird.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.