K-Meleon latest version.
Posted by: John Atkinson
Date: May 10, 2011 09:27AM

I love K-Meleon!!
I am not a computer expert.
Have just started using the latest version of K-Meleon. After exiting from Facebook, K-Meleon resized big, losing all the menus etc at the top of the screen. Even after a closedown of the program, then a Computer reboot, it is loading in max size mode. Only fix I know is to delete the program, and dowbload it again which I am about to do.
Any clues please as to what is going on??, and how to fix it permanently.
Best regards.

Re: K-Meleon latest version.- Unusable
Date: May 10, 2011 09:59AM

John Atkinson
I love K-Meleon!!
I am not a computer expert.
Have just started using the latest version of K-Meleon. After exiting from Facebook, K-Meleon resized big, losing all the menus etc at the top of the screen. Even after a closedown of the program, then a Computer reboot, it is loading in max size mode. Only fix I know is to delete the program, and dowbload it again which I am about to do.
Any clues please as to what is going on??, and how to fix it permanently.
Best regards.

further to the above, K-Meleon now unusable. Have deleted, and redownloaded the program, but it is still opening oversize, with no menus at the top of the screen. Please help!!

Posted by: CJ
Date: May 10, 2011 10:16AM

What version of Windows are you using? Also are you using Loader?

Date: May 10, 2011 10:41AM

Downloaded V 1.5.3 instead. To my chagrin had the same problem. By the way, just a blank page on start-up.
Experimented by trying F2,GUI Appearance,Full Screen. Found the 3 Hide boxes checked. Unchecked them - problem solved.
Next task to download V 1.5.4 and see if this solution works here too.
Running Windows XP. Don't know what 'Loader' is.
Thanks for the response.
Best regards.

Date: May 10, 2011 11:01AM

John Atkinson
Downloaded V 1.5.3 instead. To my chagrin had the same problem. By the way, just a blank page on start-up.
Experimented by trying F2,GUI Appearance,Full Screen. Found the 3 Hide boxes checked. Unchecked them - problem solved.
Next task to download V 1.5.4 and see if this solution works here too.
Running Windows XP. Don't know what 'Loader' is.
Thanks for the response.
Best regards.

Have redownloaded, and reinstalled v 5.1.4. Program opened quite normally, no problem at all. Very relieved!!

Re: K-Meleon Fullscreen F11
Posted by: siria
Date: May 10, 2011 12:00PM

Guys, you just accidentally have hit F11, the key for "fullscreen" mode! grinning smiley

John Atkinson

Congrats, but despite now seeing more toolbars, you're still in fullscreen mode smiling smiley
By default this has no toolbars, though they can be switched on one by one if desired. That's what you found.
To really switch it off:
You could have just right-clicked somewhere in a page and found there "FullScreen". Or could have clicked on View > Fullscreen.

Important: the default setting is to startup the browser in the same size as it was closed, so even after uninstallation, you probably kept your profile, and it remembered your size when you installed another version again.
If you prefer it differently, the setting to NEVER startup in Fullscreen mode is here:
F2 > GUI... --> At Startup
In the middle of that tab.

Always a good idea to hit F2 if anything like this happens, the shortcut for Edit>Preferences smiling smiley

This fullscreen thing works the same in all versions of KM, and by the way, F11 shortcut for fullscreen also works in many other programs, quite handy.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2011 12:15PM by siria.

Re: K-Meleon Fullscreen F11
Date: May 11, 2011 06:56AM

Thank you v much for the response. Much appreciated. I think K-Meleon is great!!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.