Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
facebook picture viewer failed
Posted by: esebless
Date: May 10, 2011 02:47PM

Hello
I reported this error before but no one responded probably I didn't expalin it well. While browsing on facebook I tried viewing pictures but on clicking on the next button the picture viewer failed and return me to the home page. Can anyone please explain why this problem occurs?

Options: ReplyQuote
Video Showing photo viewer bug
Posted by: Black Chic
Date: May 11, 2011 08:26AM

Here is an onscreen video recording of how the photo viewer closes when the navigation button is clicked facebook

BC

Re: facebook picture viewer failed
Posted by: guenter
Date: May 11, 2011 09:50AM

These 2 posts belong together - so I merged the threads.

K-Meleon Version?
Procedure and URL to repeat the error.

Maybe also look into the error console & post results.

Greetings to BOLTON-UNIVERSITY

p.s. Nobody had any doubt about the fact that a error exists & that it can be viewed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2011 10:57AM by guenter.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 11, 2011 06:20PM

the photoalbum js is no longer compatible with gecko 1.8, there's no fix for it. you can however force facebook to use older photos display by temporarily disabling javascript before clicking on a photo or launching the photalbum, this will open a non-js css viewer which will work in kmeleon 1.5.x and you will be able to click previous and next normally. it's better to migrate to km 1.6alpha4 or beta to avoid such js problems which are becoming more common especially with social networking websites.

Posted by: esebless
Date: May 14, 2011 04:59PM

Thanks for your response, i will do as you have said.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 20, 2011 11:34PM

there's a new extension to restore old photo album viewer on facebook album pages instead of the new theatre viewer which is incompatible with km 1.1.x-1.5.x

download and install this extension
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/extensions/FBviewerfix.7z

the fix will auto load on facebook pages and you can also inject manaully by righ clicking on an image and select 'fb viewer fix'

can also be used on km 1.6 if you prefer the old viewer

Re: Massive Image Failure everywhere!
Posted by: Musk Melon
Date: November 23, 2013 07:56PM

I need to report a massive failure of K Melon. K Melon now will NOT open any image
(even dowenload buttons!) on internet web pages!

I also find out K-Melon bookmarks are not transferrable to the new updated K-Melon beta version !!!!!

K-Melon is now obsolete and useless, and a huge pain in the tuchus!, so far as I am concerned.

Just one more internet browser that failed to deliver -

Re: Massive Image Failure everywhere!
Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 23, 2013 09:54PM

Sorry, Musk Melon, but you seem to be like a spammer now.

What is your KM version? Read the forum, search throughout it - and see that similar problems were solved many times.

If you aren't just fooling us - give us details about your config in order to us being able to help you.

Note: K-Meleon (not K-Melon!) now is going through an era of big changes. Changes for good, for future.

But the price is some unstability and need for patience and smart deal with all we have now in K-Meleon.

Thank you for you interest, calm down and stay one of us, not someone who nervously ask to serve him!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2013 09:55PM by rodocop.

A Massive Image Failure Caused By A User
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 24, 2013 11:41AM

Musk Melon
I need to report a massive failure of K Melon. K Melon now will NOT open any image
(even dowenload buttons!) on internet web pages!

I also find out K-Melon bookmarks are not transferrable to the new updated K-Melon beta version !!!!!

K-Melon is now obsolete and useless, and a huge pain in the tuchus!, so far as I am concerned.

Just one more internet browser that failed to deliver -

Block Images. Press F9 to toggle.

p.s. I got to report a massive user failure. A user that does not seem to remember which F button he touched spams in the Forums. And his posts all will be removed if he continues like that.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.