Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Still trouble with gestures (KM 1.6b2 / Win7 x64)
Posted by: DannyD
Date: July 26, 2011 12:52PM

Hey guys

Since I upgraded to Win7/64bit I was not able to use mouse gestures anymore with my beloved KM 1.5.4 (see here). And also the alternative gestures.dll that I found here did not work.

Now that I (almost) upgraded to KM 1.6b2 it seems that I am again able to use gestures, but I made an annoying observation: With gestures being turned on, I am losing the ability to drag selected text.
Does not sound too dramatic, but highly affects my productivity: It happens so often that I come across terms on a web page that I want to drag&drop into an input box on that very same page. But that is not possible as long as gestures are enabled; at least not under Win7/64bit. If I highlight text and want to drag it with the mouse, different text is highlighted.
As soon as I disable gestures, dragging&dropping of text goes back to normal (i.e. works in KM 1.6b2 under Win7/64bit as expected).

Is is there a way to enable gestures and drag&drop of highlighted text?
Os is this a bug that should be reported?

Thank you in advance
DannyD

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Still trouble with gestures (KM 1.6b2 / Win7 x64)
Posted by: N@m3
Date: July 28, 2011 09:26AM

DannyD
If I highlight text and want to drag it with the mouse, different text is highlighted.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,105300
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,112697

Posted by: siria
Date: July 28, 2011 06:01PM

WOW - I never even knew you can drag&drop text into input boxes! Cool! grinning smiley Just tried it and it works fine on win98 with KM16b2, of course 32bit.
Hopefully they can fix it for x64 in a future version.

Date: August 01, 2011 10:16PM

N@m3, I am not sure I understand what you are trying to tell me:

The first link that you have posted is related to a different - albeit comparable - bug. That bug is apparently already solved in KM 1.6b2. The issue which I am describing here is not.

And your second link is pointing to a discussion that I have mentioned already in my first post. That seems to be a different bug, too.

:-?

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 01, 2011 10:29PM

Logitech Maus?

Date: August 01, 2011 11:46PM

Yes, Logitech mouse.
No particular driver installed; Windows is using the built-in mouclass.sys and mouhid.sys.

And the voodoo goes away if I unplug the Logi mouse and use my touchpad!
What the heck?!

Good catch, Günter!
Any idea how to fix this?

Posted by: siria
Date: August 02, 2011 02:45AM

Interesting...
Now dimly remember, there were some tips about odd LG mouse drivers, just do a quick forum search for the last year and they appear...

Date: August 02, 2011 02:17PM

Hm. I found this post from desga2, but there is no "LGSCROLL.DLL" on my system.
I have nevertheless tried out mark307's kplugin, but that did not help.
Not sure what to do now.

There is no driver update for my mouse (it really is a basic model; I do not like too many buttons). The issue might be solved by Logitech's "SetPoint" software, but I am a bit reluctant to install a 60 MB package with tons of useless -- but memory-consuming -- functions.

Has anybody else got an idea?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.