Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Exporting Firefox History to K-Meleon?
Posted by: NewUser123
Date: September 20, 2011 05:02PM

Hope everybody's having a good day =)

I've had the pleasure of using K-meleon today, and honestly can claim its a much better experience than the latest Firefox which seem to be resource intensive.

Me query is; can I - somehow - manage to export me firefox history to K-meleon? I understand firefox stores everything in a places.sqlite file, whilst K-meleon has a history.dat... any way at all of being able to transfer/export/integrate everything?

Very thankful for your help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Exporting Firefox History to K-Meleon?
Posted by: Kleon
Date: October 02, 2011 07:04PM

I don't think you can import the places.sqlite file into K-Meleon.

However, you could have a look at Mozilla History View, that can view both history.dat and places.sqlite files (if you have FF 3 and above installed). Then you can cut and paste the URLs into K-Meleon.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mozilla_history_view.html

Sorry for late reply.

Re: Exporting Firefox History to K-Meleon?
Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 03, 2011 02:44AM

NewUser123
Hope everybody's having a good day =)

I've had the pleasure of using K-meleon today, and honestly can claim its a much better experience than the latest Firefox which seem to be resource intensive.

Me query is; can I - somehow - manage to export me firefox history to K-meleon? I understand firefox stores everything in a places.sqlite file, whilst K-meleon has a history.dat... any way at all of being able to transfer/export/integrate everything?

Very thankful for your help!

Look at this extension for Firefox.

"History Export is a Firefox extension that lets you export your browsing history in either HTML, JSON, XML or plain text format to do with it what ever you will."

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/history-export/

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 02:49AM by ndebord.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.