Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Could not initialize security component
Posted by: Drahken
Date: December 24, 2007 08:59AM

My comp crashed, and after I rebooted, I get this message each time I start KM. I have checked the write protection settings on my profile folder, and my disc is nowhere near full. How can I get rid of this annoying alert?

----
"People who live in glass houses ....should close the friggin curtains!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Could not initialize security component
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: December 24, 2007 03:36PM

Try to create a new profile, to see if the older isn't bad.
If ok, just keep some files in the old profile (bookmarks, cookies, favicons, sfile, wfile, ...), and put it in the new folder. You will just have to edit prefs.js and add some lines taken in old prefs.js like the one referring to sfile, and perhaps wfile.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Re: Could not initialize security component
Posted by: Drahken
Date: December 24, 2007 05:18PM

I have a couple other installations of KM, and they both work fine. After some tinkering, it appears that my "key3.db" file somehow got corrupted. While the size was still an exact match for the copies in the other installations, copying one of the other ones over to replace that one seems to have cleared up the problem.
Usually when a file gets corrupted in a situation like this, it suddenly becomes much smaller (or sometimes much larger). I guess in this case, some of the data must have simply gotten scrambled around in the file, without actually adding or removing any data.

----
"People who live in glass houses ....should close the friggin curtains!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2007 05:20PM by Drahken.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.