Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Problem with gui
Posted by: avada
Date: February 02, 2008 01:21PM

I started using k-meleon again. The 1.5 alpha version. There is an annoying thing. No matter what I do k-meleon doesn't start maximized. I found the necessary settings at preferences > gui appearance > At startup. But it doesn-t work (Fullscreen works). K-meleon starts instead the nonmaximized, with a window position and size that was used whenever kmeleon was nonmaximized the last time. Also "preferences" and "advances preferences" is the same. Why are they two menu items for it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with gui
Posted by: desga2
Date: February 02, 2008 03:50PM

Known bug for 1.5 alpha versions: http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KMeleon15

1.5 alpha bugs:
The browser doesn't remember its previous window size (maximized in my case, tabs are off) on startup and when using "undo last closed window". In the last case the opened window has the status maximized while it covers only a third of the screen, so you first have to restore it (to the exact same size) in order to correctly maximize it.

* More exact (kko):
1. kmeleon.display.maximized ignored at startup. (Bug 966)
o Look like it works for me
+ Found a weird behavior of windows. maybe FIXED for 1.5a2
# OPEN in build 21 (close browser maximized and start it again => not maximized)..
* Look fine for me. Could be OS related?
o I observed the same behavior under 2k and XP. (kko)
Make sure you don't start with a session!
2. Window state "maximized" is not correctly restored for saved sessions when the current window is maximized. The middle window button in the title bar indicates "maximized", but the window itself isn't. Maybe this is already resolved when sessions are opened in addition to the current window...
o FIXED for 1.5a2 (build 21)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2008 03:52PM by desga2.

Re: Problem with gui
Posted by: avada
Date: February 02, 2008 05:54PM

Thanks for the info. I didn't know there were newer builds I can download. It looks like with build 22 its working correctly.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.