Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Can't enable SSL
Posted by: flinga
Date: February 02, 2008 12:29AM

Hi!

First of all I want to say that I'm very grateful for this excellent browser. I currently have to use a P133 (or something similar, don't remember) with 44 megs of ram, and k-meleon makes it possible to acually surf the web on this slow machine. I recently installed it and I'm very happy it's working so fine.

Unfurtunately I have an issue with the program; I can't enable SSL. Whenever i try to check responses to blogposts on blogspot, for example, it complains about not being able to connect securely, since SSL isn't enabled. Also, seemingly a bit randomly, it complains about not being able to enable the browsers security resources (errh, or something similar..), and says that a possible reason for that is that I don't have write permission (?) to the folder containing my profile (which I have). When trying to enable SSL in advanced preferences, nothing happens, not even after a restart, it still is unchecked the next time I look at it.

I woult be glad if anybody would know a solution to this problem. Do I need to install SSL separately in some kind of way, or what? I wouldn't think so, since it is working in (slow and old) Mozilla Firefox (0.9). I'm running windows 98 lite (a stripped down version), and no, I'm not out of hard disk space.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't enable SSL
Posted by: desga2
Date: February 02, 2008 03:40PM

You can tried to change User Agent to Firefox: Tools -> User Agent -> Firefox

Or you can changed your SSL configuration, by default in K-Meleon only is enable SSL v3, old SSl v2 is disable by security.
To change SSL configuration: Advanced Preferences (F2) -> Privacy & Security -> Encription
To change with more details you can change it in: Edit -> Configuration -> Browser Configuration or go to about:config in URL bar. You can filter by SSL to show only SSL values. Try to change this SSL values.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: flinga
Date: February 02, 2008 10:55PM

Hmm, thank you for the tips, partially I had allready tried this, but partially not. I've been trying to do what you said, and even though it isn't enabled in the advanced preferences (SSL 3 as well as TSL is unchecked), SSL 3 actually was enabled when looking in about:config, strangely enough. I've also enabled SSL 2 now, but it doesn't seem to change anything, there's still the same problem with the program complaining about SSL not being enabled. I have no idea why, I think it's strange.. but today I discovered another way to look at blog comments, so maybe it hasn't got to be as much of a problem for me after all, at least.

Posted by: Will_
Date: February 14, 2008 05:43AM

You removed "MS Cryptographic Providers", that's why it can't use SSL. Also, don't forget to update using uSP2 or 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.