Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Cant enable javascript
Posted by: lessena
Date: June 09, 2008 08:03PM

everything was working fine in k-meleon a couple days of ago. i didnt change anything (at least not to my knowledge) except a couple of key things changed.

1. some buttons dont work - like on face book if i go to hit post, or send, the browser won't respond. it doesnt realize i click it. in my webmail, when i select an email and go to hit the trash icon to delete it - same thing, nothing happens.

2. i was lookin in around in advanced preferences and under the javascript section, the "enable javascript" box appear in gray and i click on the box.

any one have any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cant enable javascript
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 09, 2008 08:59PM

Haven't you change the User String ?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 09, 2008 09:39PM

What K-Meleon version are you using?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 09, 2008 09:42PM

Go to the older "Preferences" to reactivate JavaScript, Prefernces -> the second item from the top has a submenue that lets You do it.

p.s. You possibly deactivated JavaScript with an accel (F7, a toggle).

AFAIK the Advanced Prefernces item is still grayed out because the exe/dll Preferences overrule the newer XUL Advanced Preferences / all Prefernces will be moved to the XUL interface because it is more efficient e.g. the XUL-interface is unloaded from memory after use, that is how I understand some comments which I found.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 09:48PM by guenter.

Posted by: kko
Date: June 09, 2008 09:52PM

Sorry, guenter says it all...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 09:59PM by kko.

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 09, 2008 11:44PM

@kko, thx for confirming.

p. s. @ I like the Advanced Preferences.

kko Tut mir leid, dass ich nachbessern musste - aber es wird langsam besser smiling smiley

Posted by: kko
Date: June 10, 2008 08:39AM

@guenter: Freut mich zu hören! Du musst dich für nichts entschuldigen. Ich öffne normalerweise erst alle Threads, die ich lesen möchte, und gehe sie dann einen nach dem anderen durch. Dann passiert es halt manchmal, dass in der Zwischenzeit schon jemand anders geantwortet hat...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.