Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
K-M "not closed properly" message on reboot
Posted by: cavgirl
Date: June 07, 2008 11:54PM

I have K-Meleon running with the loader config'd to start up at boot. When I boot into my desktop, I nearly always get a message saying that K-M "failed to close properly. Do you wish to start a new sessions or use your last session" or words to that effect. I think the loader is connected because when the loader isn't configured to start at boot, this message does not appear. Does this mean I have to physically kill the loader before shutting down?

Thanks. Apologies if this has been posted before, I did quickly check the BT but no luck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-M "not closed properly" message on reboot
Posted by: desga2
Date: June 08, 2008 12:09AM

What K-Meleon version and windows are you using?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Re: K-M "not closed properly" message on reboot
Posted by: caktus
Date: June 10, 2008 06:16PM

If you are using Windows XP (perhaps Vista as well) a default action upon start (or restart) is to attempt to re-open any files including browser windows which were open at shutdown. It [can] be helpful to disable "Restore previous folder windows at Logon." To accomplish this go to Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab and remove the checkmark beside "Restore previous folder windows at Logon." and click Apply > OK.
However, I have founding this option to be helpful on [some] occasions following a system crash or freeze and also to return immediately to work after having had to shutdown for a while.

And to avoid the "K-M failed to close properly" message, All tabs must be closed before closing KM.

Hope this is helpful.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.