Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Session restore bug
Posted by: n0isehazard
Date: September 28, 2008 03:46AM

This is soo frustrating!

My K-Meleon crashed probably once on my username. (Windows XP SP2, multiple user accounts installed) Now every time I try clicking K-Meleon to start, it tells me that the last session wasn't ended properly, and if I want to restore the previous session.

REGARDLESS of if I click I want to restore the session or if I want to start a new session, it just stops there. There's no booting up of the browser, no nothing. I run the task manager and just see the process running and nothing happens. It doesn't matter how long I wait, it won't start up on my username. I even tried deleting the "session.dll" I don't know if that'll help, but this is really getting annoying.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you for reading this!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Session restore bug
Posted by: kko
Date: September 28, 2008 09:43AM

Open Windows Explorer (open any folder), type "%appdata%" into the location bar and hit Enter. This will direct you to a folder where you should find a subfolder named "K-Meleon". Rename this subfolder (while K-Meleon is not running) to "K-Meleon_old". Then start K-Meleon. It will create a new profile.

Do not yet delete the folder that you have renamed to "K-Meleon_old". You may need it to restore previous settings and/or data, and it might give us a chance to figure out what caused the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2008 09:44AM by kko.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.