Browser Crashes With Letter P
Posted by: Michael
Date: April 07, 2012 08:27AM

Hello, I'm new here and this is my first post. However, I've been using K-Meleon for about six months or so and I'm VERY impressed with it.

I have been encountering crash issues when using the letter 'P'. When having a new tab open and entering the letter 'p' in the navigation bar as the FIRST character entered (say,when writing a keyword beginning with 'p' to perform a Google search), the whole browser shuts down, not only the current window but also all other open K-Meleon windows. There is no error message and nothing else strange happens other then the browser INSTANTLY vanishes. When restarting K-Meleon, you get the message box saying K-Meleon didn't close properly and asking if you'd like to continue from last time. Therefore, I'm assuming this is a bug as ot's quite clearly a crash as opposed to the letter 'p' acting as some sort of obscure hotkey.

My apologies if this is a known bug. I did look at the recent topics covering the last few months and saw no mention of it.

My system info: Low Spec (old) PC, Windows XP Home SP3 with all the latest Windows updates. Also have latest versions of Java, Flash, Silverlight, etc,. No known, or evidence of any malware issues.

Warmest,

Michael

Re: Browser Crashes With Letter P
Posted by: guenter
Date: April 08, 2012 05:34PM

You will find some info in this thread

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,121982,122183#msg-122183

It the length of the history. Fixed but fix no released.
Workaround: Keep less history.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2012 05:36PM by guenter.

Posted by: Michael
Date: April 12, 2012 09:04PM

Thanks guenter.

It must be quite a serious problem as in my case for the crash to occur, it doesn't first require that I use ctrl + L, just the letter 'P' typed in the address bar is enough. Does anyone know when a new KM version that addresses this and other bugs will be released?

Posted by: eot
Date: April 13, 2012 11:13AM

Michael
Does anyone know when a new KM version that addresses this and other bugs will be released?

Maybe never sad smiley http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,122342

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.