Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Poor Flash support
Posted by: Syko
Date: October 27, 2008 03:51PM

I just downloaded K-Meleon as a lightweight browser to run at the same time as other, system intensive programs, and one thing I use it for is to listen to music hosted on the internet while doing work. However; I went to this website, and found that Flash player was not installed on K-Meleon, despite already having the latest version on Internet Explorer and Maxthon. Not only that, but after installing, closing the program and starting it up again, the music stream played at a much poorer quality, to the point of being unlistenable. It's probably a bit embarrassing to say that Internet Explorer supports Flash better than this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Poor Flash support
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 27, 2008 05:47PM

@Syko,
sorry that Microsoft caused You inconvenience with the feature/bug that their engeneers introduced into MS Windows many years ago to win the 1.st browser war.

Syko
I went to this website, and found that Flash player was not installed on K-Meleon, despite already having the latest version on Internet Explorer and Maxthon.

Your example works well for me K-Meleon 1.5.1de-DE ... .\SYSTEM\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll
from Shockwave Flash 9.0 r124

For K-Meleon You need the plugin version that is used by Firefox, Opera, Safari, SeaMonkey, GoogleChrome ... and every browser that is not an IE or an IE-shell.

MS, Your OS supplier, does only include the ActiveX plugin used by IE and IE-shells e.g. Maxthon-IE-shell (which is IMHO the best IE shell or if You want the best browser that uses the Trident engine).

You find further info via K-Meleon > Help > About Plugins page (about:plugins) & at this special page for Mozilla/Netscape Plugins.

& I am sorry that MS, Your OS vendor, stopped support and shipping of Netscape (all browser) compatible plugins with IE 5.5 SP2. Maybe You can contact the MS OS support team - so that they start supporting it again. Maybe also ask them whether they are embarassed for their OSes' lack of support of an old industry standart.

If no success download and install Yourself.

All browsers use the same Netscape plugin model/version and all have html rendering engines and JavaScript engines that are so much faster than IE's Trident and JScript engines that Your initial time and effort is invested well.

Thx for reading my post & greetings from Germany, guenter

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 06:23PM by guenter.

Posted by: desga2
Date: October 27, 2008 05:55PM

Flash is Flash and his quality can be configured, but this deppend of Adobe plugin not browser dependency.

I listen this webpage music in IE6 and K-Meleon 1.1.6 with same Flash version and the quality of sound is similar.

Can be possible that your speakers aren't compatible with Gecko tongue sticking out smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 06:05PM by desga2.

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 27, 2008 06:21PM

@desgas2, I think that Syko's browser tries with IE facilities. And fails for that.
Some old OS CD still install ancient pre IE 5.5 SP2 Netscape plugins.
Syko does not mention the Netscape plugins install or update. Which is needed.
He would know that Flash is done by a player-plugin - if he did.

Either these two or he went at a different time and the quality was worse then.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.