Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
big problems with facebook usability
Posted by: superbad
Date: November 17, 2008 05:54AM

- facebook.com assumes that k-meleon is firefox, and acts accordingly. see next point.

- facebok gives user the option of dragging a button to the toolbar, that will post any website to your facebook profile when clicked. i have netscape favorites extension installed. i cannot drag this link to the bookmarks bar, so i create a link manually. clicking on the link takes me to the wrong page on facebook.com.

- facebook uses the bottom line of the browser to set up site-wide links. this bar does not render correctly in k-meleon.

any info/advice on this would be great. seems like everyone uses facebook these days, and it's not really working well in k-meleon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: big problems with facebook usability
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 17, 2008 10:49AM

superbad
- facebok gives user the option of dragging a button to the toolbar, that will post any website to your facebook profile when clicked. ...

- facebook uses the bottom line of the browser to set up site-wide links. this bar does not render correctly in k-meleon.

K-Meleon's surfaces... are not from XUL. XUL extensions for Firefox will not work.
You will need to construct Your own buttons or menu items.

"wrong page on facebook.com": my guess the page is part of a frameset.

Bookmarking the whole frameset will often give You the some pre-programed entry page (only well constructed sites with framset pages compensate this).

If You right-click on frameset pages (right into the section/page that is interesting, framesets consist of several html pages) You get a menue item called FRAME. You can bookmark and/or open as standalone page. I normally try the later to make sure that I bookmark the right page

K-Meleon's menus are context sensitive - the browser shows You different usable items in right click menu in different context..

superbad
seems like everyone uses facebook these days

Not me:O

You are right: facebook and many other sites are not optimized for K-Meleon but for Firefox and IE.

Re: big problems with facebook usability
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 17, 2008 11:34AM

Facebook? What is it? grinning smiley

@ superbad:

Can you post the url that you like generated manually as bookmark?
It's possible that we can made a macro to do it correctlly.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.