Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
live (hotmail) bugs really hard.
Posted by: Kirill
Date: July 25, 2012 01:42AM

Whenever I open a message, it drops to the 'write new' window and gets a seizure, everything shivers... I've just solved one bug before this and here comes the next sad smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: live (hotmail) bugs really hard.
Posted by: thebumbooger
Date: July 29, 2012 03:28PM

Ditto.

Hotmail is now totally unusable on K-Meleon 1.6.0, with windows XP SP2. Sounds like I have more or less exactly the same problem as the gentleman above me said.

Soon as you have signed in... hotmail goes to create a blank new email of its own accord(!) and you cannot click out of that or do anything... you're just stuck. I haven't tried it with 1.5.4, but I suspect it will be as bad or worse. From memory I deliberately went with 1.6 because it could still handle hotmail, as well as the fast loading and good toolbar layout.

Can anything be done about this soon folks? Please get back to us soon. I am not keen on Opera but I'm being forced to use it just to access my hotmail currently :mad:

Bloody idiots at hotmail keep changing and making "improvements" I guess.

Regards
- Mr Bum Booger.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2012 03:31PM by thebumbooger.

Posted by: Kleon
Date: July 29, 2012 04:14PM

If you're on Windows, you can use Internet Explorer for Hotmail (and Hotmail only). Live Hotmail seems designed for IE, anyway.

——————————————————————————
Windows XP Pro SP3 | K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta2
Trying out various subspecies of the lizard smiling smiley

Date: July 29, 2012 06:23PM

Thanks but, that defeats the whole purpose of using K-Meleon.

I started using K-Meleon as an alternative to IE6 - as I didn't want to upgrade to a more ram-heavy, resource-sucking browser. If certain websites hadn't started started shutting out IE6, I would still be using it.

Posted by: Kleon
Date: July 29, 2012 08:43PM

I also have a Hotmail account, and I have experienced the very same problems that you have. I have no solution beside the one I already posted, except of course accessing Hotmail through an e-mail client. See this page:

http://tinyurl.com/yzyam88

——————————————————————————
Windows XP Pro SP3 | K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta2
Trying out various subspecies of the lizard smiling smiley

Date: July 30, 2012 09:38AM

I see thanks. But who are you? Are you the moderator here? Who gives the advice round here anyway? Is it just users reply or are any of people who work on K-meleon involved?

What are the chances of actually getting this fixed, and soon?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 30, 2012 12:18PM

There is almost no chance of any upgrades to KM. Mozilla no longer makes a MFC versions of their browser engine. Also we no longer have an active C++ programmer working on the project.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: July 31, 2012 06:34PM

Thanks James. But who are you, and what is your relationship to the K-meleon project if you don't mind me asking?

And does this mean K-meleon is going to slowly die? It would be a shame to see it vanish, it has been an excellent web browser!

Date: July 31, 2012 07:39PM

I am just a user of KM. I have been on the forum for several years. I have written many macro and extensions for KM.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: August 02, 2012 03:19AM

Has to be solved eventually. KM is eternal, I tried thousands of other unknown browsers, there's nothing like it grinning smiley

Date: August 02, 2012 11:42AM

You might try the new Outlook.com site. You can move your hotmail account to there. Eventually you will have to move to Outlook.com.

I tried to set up an account for me, but I can't seem to get the crazy letters right. I guess I cannot tell the difference between their upper and lower case letters. I tried four times and gave up. It is the same reason that I cannot get into my old Yahoo account.

JamesD

Date: August 03, 2012 04:43PM

I've heard other people have also can't use it anymore. Also I looked up if anybody online has same problems, and a few people do. So one guy solved it by deleting some soft that he recently installed, but I'm not going there because I installed a lot of NES games lately, and bothering so hard for Microsofts screw ups just doesn't make sense...

Date: August 03, 2012 05:10PM

Another thing is that, when it initially occurred, the same seizure happened in facebook and vk (russian facebook) across all the browsers. Also the seizure happened in my computer (explorer window) and at some point everything went out of control. So its safe to say that it was some sort of a hack, but none of my antiviruses help (Comodo, Avast)... And the bug stayed only in KM since then... I still think its some virus nothing can get yet...

Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 04, 2012 01:19AM

JamesD
You might try the new Outlook.com site. You can move your hotmail account to there. Eventually you will have to move to Outlook.com.

I tried to set up an account for me, but I can't seem to get the crazy letters right. I guess I cannot tell the difference between their upper and lower case letters. I tried four times and gave up. It is the same reason that I cannot get into my old Yahoo account.

JamesD,

I got in and managed to setup a new outlook ID, but it took me four tries to get through the Captcha nonsense.

<wry grin>

N

Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 04, 2012 01:23AM

thebumbooger
Ditto.

Hotmail is now totally unusable on K-Meleon 1.6.0, with windows XP SP2. Sounds like I have more or less exactly the same problem as the gentleman above me said.

Soon as you have signed in... hotmail goes to create a blank new email of its own accord(!) and you cannot click out of that or do anything... you're just stuck. I haven't tried it with 1.5.4, but I suspect it will be as bad or worse. From memory I deliberately went with 1.6 because it could still handle hotmail, as well as the fast loading and good toolbar layout.

Can anything be done about this soon folks? Please get back to us soon. I am not keen on Opera but I'm being forced to use it just to access my hotmail currently :mad:

Bloody idiots at hotmail keep changing and making "improvements" I guess.

Regards
- Mr Bum Booger.

Well, when I just logged into Hotmail, surprise, surprise.... it was no longer either hotmail or live, instead I was redirected to outlook.com with yet another new interface. This using my hotmail id (although I have created a new outlook id also that I've not yet used for anything).

Will have to see if things work better there or not. I have changed over to RodoCop's homebrew variation on KM 1.6beta 2, so maybe there is something to that also.

XP PRO SP3

N

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2012 01:25AM by ndebord.

Date: August 06, 2012 05:52PM

I switched to outlook but its formatting is buggy and when you wrtire a new mail you cant see anything you type...

Posted by: Holy
Date: August 09, 2012 02:49AM

I'm using K-Meleon 1.6.0 and I don't have any problem with Hotmail. The only thing that I have modified is the User Agent. I don't know if it will works for you, but try it.
Tools -> User Agent -> Custom: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101130 Firefox/3.5.16

Date: August 10, 2012 04:27PM

Although outlook wouldn't work I found it not suitable by using it a different browser. I finally fixed the hotmail bugs by using NirSoft RegScanner to search for k-meleon registry entries and deleting the appropriate ones. So hotmail works and I find it better then outlook.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.