Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Looked in Bug Tracker, maybe its not a bug
Posted by: AboveWater
Date: August 09, 2012 11:08AM

If it is not a bug, perhaps it was a corrupted file from downloading.

First; Whenever I close the K-meleon browser, then shut down the computer, later when I reboot the following annoying little notice presents itself;

“ K-Meleon wasn't closed properly. Do you want to resume your last browsing session?”

Secondly; I tried to uninstall K-Meleon, it did not uninstall, instead I get the following message;

“ This program might not have uninstalled correctly ........ ". with further instructions, that result in a lot of time wasting spinning my wheels.

K-Meleon still works and I still use this browser. Any suggestions? Thom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looked in Bug Tracker, maybe its not a bug
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 09, 2012 11:32AM

Which version of KM did you install? What is your operating system?

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: AboveWater
Date: August 10, 2012 10:31AM

My Operating system is windows 7

The version of KM appears to be 1.5.4
The information from the Control Panel\Programs and features (uninstall)
indicates the file for removal is 1.5.4 en-US

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 11, 2012 12:06AM

@ Thom

One of the most often mentioned solutions seems to be that you must have write authority to your profile. Do your settings changes get lost after a shutdown and restart?

There are lots of entries in the forum talking about this. Use the search string "K-Meleon wasn't closed properly" without the quotes in a forum search and select "All Dates:".

As for myself, I never install KM. I just use the 7z version and make sure there is a zero byte "Profile.ini" file in the root folder when I first start KM. Doing it that way puts my profile in the same folder tree as the program. Of course the means you have to have write authority to folder where you put KM. If you remove the Profile.ini file before first start, your profile will be in applications data\k-meleon.

If you can use an English language version, then I would recommend you try my 1.6.0 beta 2.4 version. You can find it here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/K-Meleon1.6.0_Beta2dot4_en-US.7z

That version has a help menu item called "Troubleshooting" which should be able to determine if you have write authority to your profile.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: fyi
Date: August 13, 2012 04:06AM

If you can't get to the bottom this then siria has a solution:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,81256,116837#msg-116837

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.