Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
FF 3.0.6 out talks about FF 2.0 security pblms
Posted by: ndebord
Date: February 06, 2009 03:47AM

"Mozilla Firefox 3.0.6 Released
Wednesday February 4th, 2009

The sixth minor update to Mozilla Firefox 3 has been released. Firefox 3.0.6 fixes security vulnerabilities, improves stability, improves the ability for scripted commands to work properly with plugins and resolves a handful of other small bugs. The security fixes are detailed in the Firefox 3.0.6 section of the Security Advisories for Firefox 3.0.

The Firefox 3.0.6 Release Notes have more details about the fixes in this minor upgrade. Existing Firefox 3 users are expected to get it via the software update feature built in to the browser or their own operating system's update facility.

As a reminder, Firefox 2.0.0.x is no longer supported and contains known security vulnerabilities. Users should upgrade to Firefox 3 by downloading it from the Firefox product page."

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2009 03:48AM by ndebord.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FF 3.0.6 out talks about FF 2.0 security pblms
Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 07, 2009 12:07AM

i think it's just a scare.. they still have ff2 on their website..they dont mention anything about vulnerabilities and apparently it is still supported( they used to say ff2 will be killed-off before december)

if it was truly a security risk, they'd never have it listed on their download page:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html that's a liability

the latest discovered whatsit dns phishing spoof thing is very hard to cause any problems and it's across a all geckos versions and even other browsers..so it's not a gecko 1.8-only bug to suddenly make it the smelly cat.

they are sleeping with ms which wants all pre-xp oses dead..they'd love to kill xpee as well if they can.

they are all sleeping together and google, mozilla and ms are having a menage a trois.

Re: FF 3.0.6 out talks about FF 2.0 security pblms
Posted by: ndebord
Date: February 07, 2009 02:48AM

I've not liked how the FireFox Young Turks have handled themselves ever since the breakup with Mozilla Suite. So I guess I'm not upset that they would "fudge" the truth over FF 2 in an attempt to force upgrades to FF 3 (which I dislike for all the reasons that are being ignored).

It is good to hear that the dns phising spoof is not causing any real problems. Anytime I hear about something that you can't fix in an operating system or a browser that can introduce malware onto your home computer.... I get the shakes.

<brrrrrrr>

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.