Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Full screen bug
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: February 05, 2009 12:12PM

I've found an strange behaviour while surfing to the spanish McDonalds site in full screen mode. It keeps exiting the full screen mode continuously and it comes to the windowed mode, but in a window which is almost as big as if it was full screen.

If you click on the general go to fullscreen icon at the general blue bar of the top right, it goes fullscreen for just a second and then again to windowed mode.

I've experienced also symilar problems while I was surfing other websites, the browser going from full screen to the ultra big windowed mode without any reason, but there at McDonals is happening 100% of the times.

It's real weird, can anybody check this out before I upload a bug to the BTS?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Full screen bug
Posted by: guenter
Date: February 05, 2009 01:46PM

enaitzjga
I've found an strange behaviour while surfing to the spanish McDonalds site in full screen mode. It keeps exiting the full screen mode continuously and it comes to the windowed mode, but in a window which is almost as big as if it was full screen.

If you click on the general go to fullscreen icon at the general blue bar of the top right, it goes fullscreen for just a second and then again to windowed mode.

I've experienced also symilar problems while I was surfing other websites, the browser going from full screen to the ultra big windowed mode without any reason, but there at McDonals is happening 100% of the times.

I could not verify. By default I disallow scripts to do any window manipulation.

The reason for the bug. Flash has action script ( a JavaScript variant ).
McDonald's web designer wants that You see his creation as he intended.
To force this he manipulates the browser window via flash.

Disallow scripts to move or resize windows - if You do not like his idea ...

I got and tested this solution, it works here.

BTW. The flash is almost screen filling at my resolution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2009 01:47PM by guenter.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: February 05, 2009 01:58PM

Once again, you were right, Guenter.

Many thanks for your help.

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 05, 2009 04:26PM

I am glad that Your bug is resolved on Your PC also.
Sometimes I am still right.
No need to thank.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.