Tabs icons invisible in Tabs Toolbar
Posted by: Tony Bejarano
Date: March 02, 2013 05:30AM

Hi, I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I just don't understand how it works. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I can't see but two paper looking icons, one with a red X on it in what I assume is the Tabs Toolbar. When I make a new tab from the File Menu the page changes to a blank page but the two icons remain the same. Any advice or investigation appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Tabs icons invisible in Tabs Toolbar
Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 02, 2013 01:43PM

Tony,

If I understand you correctly, the small toolbar with two icons is the control for opening a new tab and closing the current tab. If you move your cursor over each icon then a tool tip with information should appear. When you open a new tab, it should be empty unless you have specified otherwise. Focus should go the new, empty tab. Do you still see your original tab on the tab bar?

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: March 02, 2013 09:42PM

Thanks for explaining James. I found the tabbar(s). One was compressed into a small box on the left with ">>" on it. When I expanded, the tabs were visible. There's two tab sections in the tabbar, with a control widget separating. All new tabs I open appear in the first half. Is there any particular specialness to the second half, other than using it for the K-Meleon icons?

Date: March 02, 2013 09:43PM

Oh, it's a bookmarks bar!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.