Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
How to download files, movies with K-Meleon.
Posted by: Elena
Date: June 11, 2013 10:49AM

How to download files, movies with K-Meleon.
Is there a plugin for the browser K-Meleon ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to download files, movies with K-Meleon.
Posted by: rodocop
Date: June 11, 2013 02:09PM

What do you mean exactly, Elena?

1. Speaking about saving embedded content like Youtube videos or streaming audio - there are a number of avaialble tools for KM:
  • extensions from KM Extensions Central - some of them became outdated but I still recommend Youtube Services and Content Downloader.
    First adds save video links panel with direct links to any Youtube page you'll visit while the second (working from context menu on the page) opens online tool to save any embedded content.
  • Also I have to point you to ClipNabber extension from the same source. It can handle a lot of different video sites (read there the last item of the list).
    NB! ClipNabber service requires the newest possible Java installed on your PC.
  • I've update one of the outdated (thus not working properly) extensions to operate with another popular service - KeepVid. So you can get a brand new KeepVid Video Saver here on forum
    It also requires Java in order to work.
  • Also you can download only audio track from the Youtube using the MP3downloader, created by our comrade Merlin.
  • And at last I have to say that the easiest (as for me) way to save something is to use 'bookmarklets' (javascript-written executable bookmarks) which sometime have all functionality of extensions and more straightforward learning curve.
    You just need to add them to your bookmarks and run them where you need them (simply by selecting them from Bookmarks Menu like usual Bookmarks).
    So my K-Meleon Twin has good set of useful bookmarklets right in the Bookmarks Toolbar. Some of them are PwnYouTube, making the same that Youtube Services (cause the latter simply uses power of that js-tool) and KeepIt! that is more convenient frontend to KeepVid, that doesn't need installed Java!

So you can surf to KeepVid.com, look for this button

right-click on it and choose 'Add Link to Bookmarks' (do not follow the on-button instruction - this doesn't work in K-Meleon!)

The same way you can add PwnYouTube from this page
=========================================================================

2. Speaking about saving big files from 'open' links you may want a tool to control such downloads (pause, resume, speed up etc.) - that means you need Download Manager.

There are a lot of such tools out there - FlashGet, FreeDownloadManager, IDM and so on.
We have an extension oGet which helps to integrate almost any of them into K-Meleon.

Also there are numerous tools to integrate some particular DM's - look on this page.
These could add for you: Orbit, Orbit Grab (tool for downloading embedded content), FlashGet, FDM and more download managers... Try and choose what suites you needs better.

================================================================
You may need KEM to have the easy way for extensions install.

But as you should know, extensions are simlpy 7z-archives, which could be installed by unpacking them into K-Meleon folder.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 08:12PM by rodocop.

Posted by: Markus
Date: August 05, 2014 10:56PM
Posted by: Rain
Date: August 06, 2014 09:20AM

Well, for downloading bigger and more rare files be them legal to download or not, utorrent works great with K-Meleon.

If your talking about downloading videos off sites like Youtube, DailyMotion and so on, you can use:

Without needing to install any additional extensions for K-Meleon.

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 06, 2014 12:26PM

Rain
Well, for downloading bigger and more rare files be them legal to download or not, ......

For getting illegal files in Central Europe (especially Germany) I much recommend trying to use the Usenet. Either use a test account or a prepaid usenet service.

Take care not to book any ABO that binds You for time. Unless You find that You use Usenet a lot.

K-Meleon works e.g. with Dragon Usenet client by "Prepaid-Usenet" a German provider.
Dargon is a custom variant of Sabnzbd.

p.s. Usenet is the cheaper alternative to beeing caught by GEMA an CO lawyers when using P2P software for illegal sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 12:32PM by guenter.

Posted by: Rain
Date: August 07, 2014 02:05PM

guenter
For getting illegal files in Central Europe (especially Germany) I much recommend trying to use the Usenet. Either use a test account or a prepaid use.

The torrent community is free to use, Usenet isn't.

People from Romania, Hungary, Poland, Brzil, Jamaica, Czech Republic and some from Russia seem able to download torrents just fine without having to use seedboxes, VPNs, or proxies.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.