Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Lost all bookmarks and hotlinks when upgraded to 1.5
Posted by: Carlie
Date: November 23, 2009 12:51AM

I had both my bookmarks and my favorites in KMeleon until I updated to 1.5 and now they're both gone. Also, all of my hotkeys have disappeared.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lost all bookmarks and hotlinks when upgraded to 1.5
Posted by: siria
Date: November 23, 2009 01:15AM

They are probably safe in your old profile folder, depending on the way you installed? If so you can just copy the contents of that old profile folder into your new profile and everything will work as before.
There is another recent thread here, very detailled, just look a bit around in the forum...
Tip: Always keep a backup copy of the profile folder (or better yet whole KM-folder), and nothing can happen ;-)

Re: Lost all bookmarks and hotlinks when upgraded to 1.5
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 23, 2009 05:09AM

No panic! Like siria wrote - all should be safe - most likely miss-placed.

Carlie
I had both my bookmarks and my favorites in KMeleon until I updated to 1.5

Updated from what K-Meleon version on which Windows version? sad smiley

Bookmarks.html should be in Your previous Profile folder. I can answer when You tell me Browser and Windows version, most likely (by default) in K-Meleon folder in username/%apdata%. You can google the location of %apdata%. The bookmarks are normally safe.

You can also use system search. They are in the file bookmarks.html. The file can be opened with any browser, so that You can locate the right one. You will have a least 3 now. The one You search and the new ones. Once You found the right one copy it to Your current profile.

Actually it all is a bunch of technically related FAQs about the Profiles and the files they contain: where, how to repair, how to make portable, how to find the previous ones after I chose another setup parameter, where are they after scandisk has eaten the file that tells K-Meleon where they are...

Doon's post in General forum in a recent thread holds the links to the info You need.

That will get You info faster because I just came home from work & will go to bed.

Favorites are system wide IE favorites - they are made usable by the favorites plugin.
F2 -> Preferences -> K-Meleon Plugins activate the plugin and restart the browser.
The plugin is off by default, that is why they are gone grinning smiley

Do not know about hotkeys - do not know what You mean and do not use keys.
I use mouse & mouse gestures, bookmarks, favorites, hotlist, privavcy bar and search: mostly.

BTW. this part of the forum is for real K-Meleon bugs not for support questions.
But i guess You could not know. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2009 05:29AM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.