Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
rebarmenu outdated checkmarks?
Posted by: siria
Date: December 13, 2009 10:12AM

Nothing new, if a menu is opened by a toolbar button via rebarmenu, the checkmarks are outdated (state from the last "normal" viewing), or non-existent if the browser was restarted.
Example rebarmenu(&Privacy)

Just curious, does anyone know if that bug will be fixed in KM 1.5.4 ??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rebarmenu outdated checkmarks?
Posted by: desga2
Date: December 13, 2009 01:18PM

Can you post your macro toolbar button to test it?
If you call to context menu in toolbars buttons with right click the checkmarks work fine (are updated).
It's possible you need rebuild menu to refresh rebarmenu calls in simple click to toolbars buttons.
You can look Proxy macro as example of rebuild menu use.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 01:20PM by desga2.

Date: December 13, 2009 03:25PM

Rebuild menu? Oh man...!
Would you believe I've come across that command several times in the last days, when struggling with syntax, and it never dawned on me that it could anything have to do with checkmarks?! I only thought it might remove menu entries and such *slappingforehead*
Am going to try this soon, but it sure sounds like the solution!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 04:47PM by siria.

Date: December 13, 2009 04:56PM

*sniff*
Nope, doesn't work :-( On second thought, it makes sense, since the checkmarks don't even work after starting the browser, so why should they if rebuilding anything again?

Whenever a button is left-clicked the rebarmenu-command doesn't show ANY checkmarks at first, for any menu. It's a general thing, not related to a specific macro. Only when calling a menu from some other place, e.g. by a right-click on a button or by starting out from the text menu line, then somehow an "image" of the correct checkmarks seems to be stored somewhere, and that's what rebarmenu will show the next time.

For testing just put rebarmenu(&Privacy)|&Privacy on any button.
At startup of the browser there aren't any checkmarks at left-click, although everything should be fresh loaded, and although all other ways of calling the menu works perfectly.

Could perhaps anyone with a 154beta test it, if it's fixed...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 05:02PM by siria.

Date: December 13, 2009 06:18PM

I tested it, and see your opened bug 1166 about it.
Yes this is a bug, the rebarmenu checked items isn't refreshed his status until you open the same menu with right click context menu or from menu bar. But the checked items work.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: jsnj
Date: December 13, 2009 08:56PM

Not just check marks, but the tab list too. Gotta be the same bug. The tab list only gets updated after you've right-clicked it.

rebarmenu(T&abs)|T&abs

Date: December 13, 2009 09:20PM

Oh well, pity, but thanks...
So I've put now only a non-working dummy command on left-click, menu of course on right-click, and wrote as tooltip "Open Menu (Long-click)" tongue sticking out smiley A workaround that takes nearly a second longer, but better than confusing people with wrong checkmarks, and who would read a tooltip if left-click does already what they expect? But if a quick left-click doesn't work, it's more likely that people press a bit harder anyway ;-)

How may the chances be that this will be fixed in 1.5.4, anyone an idea...?
Guess it's not very high on the priority list, if it's there at all :-/

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 14, 2009 11:16AM

I have been following this thread and I am a bit confused. Can someone point me to documentation for rebarmenu please.

Date: December 14, 2009 04:26PM

Rebarmenu is an old kplugin to use the menu bar as a toolbar.
This functionality to create popup menus with this kplugin is undocumented (or the documentation is lost). If you search in Forums you can found some references to use it in macros (since version 0.9 and later I think).

Some old documentation references to his preference:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/manual/kmeleon-prefs.html
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/NewPreferences

And a reference to the plugin and his use in my K-Meleon Quick Guide.

The syntax to use it is the usual for any kplugin:

- In macro files:
plugin(rebarmenu, "menu_name");

- In other cfg files:
rebarmenu(menu_name)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2009 04:27PM by desga2.

Date: December 14, 2009 06:20PM

Must go take a closer look at those links... smiling smiley

So far all I do with it is quite simple: to open a menu with a toolbar-button on left click, I just write it on the left side where usually only a "command" is permitted, and write it in the form as desga posted:
rebarmenu(menu_name)
Same syntax works for buttons in a macro, instead of a command.
Works really fine - as long as you have a menu without checkmarks... :cool:

EDIT: Okay, just looked at it... In the quick command list it should definitely be added "available in toolbars" and (partly?) in macros smiling smiley

Macro created button:
pluginmsg(toolbars, "AddButton", "<ToolbarName>, <ButtonName>,rebarmenu(MenuName), <MenuName>, <TooltipText>, <ButtonWidth>, <ButtonHeight>, toolbar.bmp[0]");

Because of that checkmarks-bug I omitted the rebarmenu again and replaced it with macros(dummy) :cool:, so nothing happens at a short click, but the right-click menu opens if clicked just a little but longer with left (hardly a second).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2009 06:47PM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 14, 2009 06:44PM

Thanks for the info. I can see that I have a lot to study.

Date: December 14, 2009 07:59PM

siria
EDIT: Okay, just looked at it... In the quick command list it should definitely be added "available in toolbars" and (partly?) in macros
Rebarmenu section is now updated in K-Meleon Quick Guide.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.