Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Scroll bar not working in KM74/Evernote LiveMark does nothing.
Posted by: pjpw2320
Date: January 11, 2014 06:37PM

Has anyone had this experience? Mouse wheel scrolls fine. Scroll bar moves up and down when clicking on the arrows or when clicking in the white area but will not move when clicking and dragging on the scroll bar itself. I did not have this problem in rodocop's "Twin."

The Evernote bookmarklet has not worked for me in either Twin or KM74. I cannot even find an Evernote bookmarklet on Evernote's site to check the Javascript. I have found third party sites with an Evernote bookmarklet but these do not work either. Maybe Evernote no longer supports the bookmarklet and requires the web clipper?

I am using K-meleon/74.0 according to the Help menu. The readme.html file provides no help as to the version as it is the exact same file in both my KM Twin folder and my KM 74 folder!

The other thing about bookmarklets. At some stage are we going to be able to drag a bookmarklet to the Bookmmarks bar in K-Meleon?

Peter Wills

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scroll bar not working in KM74/Evernote LiveMark does nothing.
Date: January 11, 2014 06:44PM

pjpw2320
Has anyone had this experience? Mouse wheel scrolls fine. Scroll bar moves up and down when clicking on the arrows or when clicking in the white area but will not move when clicking and dragging on the scroll bar itself. I did not have this problem in rodocop's "Twin."

The Evernote bookmarklet has not worked for me in either Twin or KM74. I cannot even find an Evernote bookmarklet on Evernote's site to check the Javascript. I have found third party sites with an Evernote bookmarklet but these do not work either. Maybe Evernote no longer supports the bookmarklet and requires the web clipper?

I am using K-meleon/74.0 according to the Help menu. The readme.html file provides no help as to the version as it is the exact same file in both my KM Twin folder and my KM 74 folder!

The other thing about bookmarklets. At some stage are we going to be able to drag a bookmarklet to the Bookmmarks bar in K-Meleon?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did search all forums for "scroll bar not working" and "evernote" before posting this but found no results for the first issue and one result (my post) for the second issue.

Peter Wills

Posted by: siria
Date: January 11, 2014 10:28PM

A search for "scrollbar" gives good hits ;-)

No clue about evernote, don't know it sorry. To see if it's rather the site or the browser you could perhaps compare if it works in other browsers or in other KM versions.

You're right that for volatile test versions in the middle of development they do not always have the internal info updated, as long as a version is not officially published on the download page. But usually people who are often using different versions of KM are giving them different window titles anyway, since it's so handy to see the version and/or the used profile instantly:
F2 > GUI Appearance > Window Title
It's best done as soon as a new version or new profile is installed and you still know exactly what is what. For example KM16beta26_mine1 or KM17a2_default or KM74k_xy140213 or anything you like. That title will appear next to each page title on top of the window.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2014 10:32PM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 11, 2014 10:30PM

pjpw2320
Has anyone had this experience? Mouse wheel scrolls fine. Scroll bar moves up and down when clicking on the arrows or when clicking in the white area but will not move when clicking and dragging on the scroll bar itself.

I have four versions of KM 74 running and none seem to have the problem you describe. I have noticed that on some pages which call a lot other sites for content, I must wait until the page fully loads before the scroll bar will work.

Date: January 12, 2014 01:47AM

siria
A search for "scrollbar" gives good hits ;-)

No clue about evernote, don't know it sorry. To see if it's rather the site or the browser you could perhaps compare if it works in other browsers or in other KM versions.

You're right that for volatile test versions in the middle of development they do not always have the internal info updated, as long as a version is not officially published on the download page. But usually people who are often using different versions of KM are giving them different window titles anyway, since it's so handy to see the version and/or the used profile instantly:
F2 > GUI Appearance > Window Title
It's best done as soon as a new version or new profile is installed and you still know exactly what is what. For example KM16beta26_mine1 or KM17a2_default or KM74k_xy140213 or anything you like. That title will appear next to each page title on top of the window.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks siria.

Peter Wills

Date: January 12, 2014 01:48AM

JamesD
pjpw2320
Has anyone had this experience? Mouse wheel scrolls fine. Scroll bar moves up and down when clicking on the arrows or when clicking in the white area but will not move when clicking and dragging on the scroll bar itself.

I have four versions of KM 74 running and none seem to have the problem you describe. I have noticed that on some pages which call a lot other sites for content, I must wait until the page fully loads before the scroll bar will work.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks James.

Peter Wills

Posted by: George Hall
Date: January 12, 2014 03:48AM

The Scroll Bar does not work when the Gestures K-Meleon Plugin is enabled in K-Meleon 74.

He may have the Gestures K-Meleoon Plugin enabled.

Date: January 12, 2014 04:02AM

George Hall
The Scroll Bar does not work when the Gestures K-Meleon Plugin is enabled in K-Meleon 74.

He may have the Gestures K-Meleoon Plugin enabled.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks George, that was it exactly. smiling smiley

Peter Wills

Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 13, 2014 06:22AM

pjpw2320

Some bookmarklets need to make an 'allow' exception for cookies from its site. My assemblies all have 'cookies from originating sites only' acceptable.

Tools->Privacy->Permissions->Cookies
type the address (ex.: evernote.com) and press 'Allow'

Date: January 13, 2014 05:41PM

rodocop
pjpw2320

Some bookmarklets need to make an 'allow' exception for cookies from its site. My assemblies all have 'cookies from originating sites only' acceptable.

Tools->Privacy->Permissions->Cookies
type the address (ex.: evernote.com) and press 'Allow'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks rodocop.

I tried that but it made no difference. I also tried changing the format of the Evernote site name in the javascript code but that made no difference either. I have emailed Evernote support and asked if there is still an offical bookmarklet available. Evernote do have a web clipper but it is an extension for FF, Chrome, Opera etc.

Peter Wills

Posted by: Mello
Date: June 23, 2014 08:02PM

I guess from my experience that scroll bar issue when gestures
are enabled hasn't yet been resolved?

Date: June 23, 2014 09:06PM

Mello
I guess from my experience that scroll bar issue when gestures
are enabled hasn't yet been resolved?

Yes. This bug is fixed now.

About Evernote. As I know - it had discontinued bookmarklet support. It doesn't work.
But some bookmarklets do not work in KM as it doesn't support multiline-js.

You can exec any long bookmarklets, user-styles and other js-based script-tools through siria's fantastic tool StyleScriptia

Read about it in this thread and give your kudos to author!

Date: June 24, 2014 10:34PM

Oh!

Scroll bar when clicked on and dragged is not working for me in portable 74 /30 version . Only page up/down and clicking on top and bottom arrow
works.

I'm on windows 7

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2014 10:35PM by Mello.

Date: June 25, 2014 12:07PM

Upd.: made some tests.

In my KM74b30 (on Win7 too) scrolling by dragging WORKS together with Mouse Gestures!

But it didn't work when AdBlock was installed. Removing AdBlock from installation (not disabling!) makes scroll work!

KM74b4 - same result.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2014 01:15PM by rodocop.

Date: June 25, 2014 09:37PM

Thank you for testing.

I haven't installed adblock, in fact as I have nothing to lose seeing as scroll isn't working properly for me, how do I install Adblock?

Date: June 25, 2014 11:43PM

You have not to install it as it has heavy performance impact to the KM in work.

But if you want to try yourself, take it there in message.

One more update: page scroll works fine with Mouse Gestures on. But some 'on-page' scrolls don't work (like here where the code is given)

Date: June 26, 2014 06:44PM

O'k thanks for warning I won't install Adblock because I am on
a small low powered notebook at present.

Scroll bar works fine on other K-m versions but
not on this 74/30 portable or 74 beta 4.

Also passwords have save dialogue but do not fill after I revisit
a site so I think I will
use an earlier k-m variant for now, Which is the most up to date?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.