Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Adobe Flash Player
Posted by: William White
Date: March 28, 2010 08:17PM

Recently, I had to do a full reinstall of Windows. I backed up my important files including the complete KMeleon folder. When I reinstalled Windows and Kmeleon, and visited certain sites, it requested that I upgrade my version of Adobe Flash Player. I downloaded the IE version 10.0.45.2 and non-IE version 10.0.45.2 plus Shockwave player 11.5.6.606. When I go to "about:plugins it listed both Shockwave Flash 6.0 r23 and Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45. The site I am having a problem with is Yahoo Mail Login and the Inbox. It keeps requesting that I upgrade to Adobe Flash Player 9 at the minimum. I am running Kmeleon version 1.5.4 on a Win XP Pro w/SP3 and IE7 with full updates. When I reinstalled Kmeleon I recopied all the files from the Kmeleon backup to the Kmeleon folder in "Program Files" directory. When I googled "Adobe Flash Player Revision" and tested what version I was running under Kmeleon it responded with Adobe Flash Player WIN 6,0,23,0. When I ran the same test using IE7, it reported that I was using Flash Player WIN 10,0,45,2. My question is how to I correct this so Kmeleon runs the correct version of Flash Player. I installed both IE version and Non-IE version of Flash Player plus Shockwave Player. Thanks for the help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adobe Flash Player
Posted by: desga2
Date: March 28, 2010 10:20PM

Delete your NPSWF32.dll file in the \K-Meleon\plugins folder, sure this is old Flash 6 version. After K-Meleon will detected the new Flash 10.0.45.2 version.
Restart K-Meleon to changes take effect.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2010 10:20PM by desga2.

Re: Adobe Flash Player
Posted by: siria
Date: March 31, 2010 04:18PM

Just a side note, you can also set the about:plugin page to show the full path of the used plugins. Type about:config, filter for path, and set this pref to true:
plugin.expose_full_path

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.