Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Restoring last session
Posted by: Remis Maquez
Date: March 09, 2010 04:25PM

Hello,
I have made K-Meleon restoring the last session on startup. Unfortunately the session, which is K-Meleon restoring, is some minutes outdated:
Example: I have 6 tabs, close the last tab, close K-Meleon, start K-Meleon and it start the 6 tabs instead of the 5 tabs. But if I wait several minuted after closing the 6th tab it doesn't reload the tab after restart.
Is this a bug or my fault?
(Windows Vista SP 2, K-Meleon 1.5.4 official)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Restoring last session
Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 09, 2010 06:14PM

I am seeing the same thing using 1.6 alpha. I have seven tabs open and then close the last two tabs. I then close KM and wait for hard drive indicator to go dark so all writes to profile are complete. When I restart KM, I get seven tabs open.

Edited.

I don't see any better result with more tabs or if tabs 4 & 5 out of 7 were closed. I got 7 tabs on restart. It does not work right over time for me. I waited 15 minutes and still got seven tabs on restart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2010 06:46PM by JamesD.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: March 09, 2010 06:21PM

If the sessions plugin is setup similarly to how the groups/last session macro for layers was, reloading a page before closing the browser should ensure the correct number of tabs on session startup. Seems to be missing some type of onclosetab or onquit recognition.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2010 06:24PM by jsnj.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 09, 2010 06:52PM

@ jsnj

Yes, that seems to work. Seven tabs then close two and redo one will restart with six.

I think this needs a bug report. Seems to happen in 1.5 and 1.6 versions.

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 09, 2010 10:28PM

This is a session plugin problem from 1.5.0.
I reported a bug about it # 1060 some time ago.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2010 10:29PM by desga2.

Posted by: zorobabel
Date: June 04, 2010 05:41AM

jsnj
If the sessions plugin is setup similarly to how the groups/last session macro for layers was, reloading a page before closing the browser should ensure the correct number of tabs on session startup. Seems to be missing some type of onclosetab or onquit recognition.

Thanks for that workaround! This bug was really bugging me smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.