Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
garbled characters in the bookmark
Posted by: Erico
Date: August 25, 2014 01:56AM

hello. thanks for the great work on 74! I enjoyed them very much, beta 4 and 74rc.

but one problem happens. it is a very pity. when I add the page in the favorites (ie), the page title become garbled characters. I use japanese. then I tried to downgrade 1.54. 1.6., I read the normal (readable ) characters. and now I add the page to Bookmark, the characters were normal. it is readable.

is there any way to fix this ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: garbled characters in the bookmark
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 25, 2014 05:24PM

Erico
hello. thanks for the great work on 74! I enjoyed them very much, beta 4 and 74rc.

but one problem happens. it is a very pity. when I add the page in the favorites (ie), the page title become garbled characters. I use japanese. then I tried to downgrade 1.54. 1.6., I read the normal (readable ) characters. and now I add the page to Bookmark, the characters were normal. it is readable.

is there any way to fix this ?

Konnichiwa Erico,

yes. AFAIK ther is a ffix/work around. The bookmarks.dll of 1.5.4 and 1.6 works together with the exe of 74. The version numbers that control compatibility between the exes and the dll are still the same. Or they were when I last tried. The same is true for hotlist and favorites.

Condition: You may have to add the specific runtime dlls to the K-Meleon folder. msvcp71.dll & msvcr71.dll for the 1.5.4 version.
msvcp80.dll & msvcr80.dll for the 1.6.b version.

Can You please post a short bug notice in the RC 74 thread that You have a problem with Japanese characters in the bookmarks.dll. And can You maybe post a short bookmarks file there that shows the problems so that Dorian has something to test - also maybe look whether favorites and hotlist share this problem. Arigatou in advance!

AFAIK Dorian is aware of the UTF-8 problems in some kplugins but You better make sure.

Thank You for reading my answer and best greetings to Nippon from Germany.

p.s. The translation/locales files kml and dll mostly still work. Only the chrome files changed and a few strings in the files I mentioned. If You copy Japanese locale from 1.5.4 or 1.6 to 74/locales/ and set F2 GUI Appearance Language to Japansese You will have native menues except for some new strings. Only the Prefernces and other chrome items stay English.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2014 05:28PM by guenter.

Re: garbled characters in the bookmark
Posted by: Erico
Date: September 02, 2014 05:28AM

Danke guenter. I am sorry for this late reply. and danke for your message.
I tried some what you wroted to me. but I still have a problem :-(
now I use 1.6 then I had new problem. i will write them in the bug section. oh...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.