Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Scrooll on KM beta 3
Posted by: KMfan2
Date: September 14, 2014 07:04AM

Hello.

I posted this bug somewhere but i can't find it. Scroll on KM beta 3 does not work on www.bet365.com (a betting site). It works on every other site, but not on that one. On KM beta 4 and RC it works. But i don't like new ones, Beta 3 is best for me. Some help please.

Thanks !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scrooll on KM beta 3
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 14, 2014 12:47PM

KMfan2
Hello.

I posted this bug somewhere but i can't find it. Scroll on KM beta 3 does not work on www.bet365.com (a betting site). It works on every other site, but not on that one. On KM beta 4 and RC it works. But i don't like new ones, Beta 3 is best for me. Some help please.

Thanks !

We are at RC 2 by now. And have an update. http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/kmrc2u1.zip

You can try whether newer kplugin or exe help.

You can also try to get a change of foccus by clicking inside the page on the scrollbar for example. That works around it IMHO.

Greetings to Romania from Germany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2014 02:44PM by guenter.

Date: September 14, 2014 05:42PM

guenter

We are at RC 2 by now. And have an update. http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/kmrc2u1.zip

You can also try to get a change of foccus by clicking inside the page on the scrollbar for example. That works around it IMHO.

Grüße aus Rumänien !

I tried RC 2 and RC 1. I don't like them. I feel like they are bloated, some pages do not load fast and they look like Firefox more and more. I know KM is made from Adam's rib smiling smiley but it had something that was his, some personality.
Something else that i do not like is the left bar on gogle search:

I prefer old vs new:

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: September 14, 2014 06:00PM

KMfan2
guenter

Grüße aus Rumänien !

I tried RC 2 and RC 1. I don't like them. I feel like they are bloated, some pages do not load fast and they look like Firefox more and more. I know KM is made from Adam's rib smiling smiley but it had something that was his, some personality.
Something else that i do not like is the left bar on gogle search:

I prefer old vs new:

1. What do you mean by bloated?
2. What sites don't load fast?
3. It doesn't use the same UI as Firefox.
4. That's probably related to the User Agent that K-Meleon gives to Google.

Re: Scroll on KM beta 3
Posted by: siria
Date: September 14, 2014 07:56PM

Or perhaps just different user settings??
Different things blocked? Other plugins?
Is the profile the same? The default settings perhaps different?

Can't try it myself, but would be surprised if there are such fundamental differences. Then again, Dorian wrote RC2 contains some testing code for addon-compatibility, but for the final version it would be removed again.

What do you mean with google?? Both pics look the same to me, except that one shows image search and the other page search, but that has nothing to do with the browser, just what you chose to use.

Date: September 15, 2014 06:30AM

I mean:
1. When searching google on KM 74 beta3 we have left bar whit options: Any country, Any language etc, then when searching for Images the left bar with options: Any size, Any color etc. Very good options and efficient. Not to mention that images are cramped in new RC and when searching for images it takes a while to load the search page stressing the CPU. That i mean by bloated.

2. When loading some betting sites it takes a little bit longer to load on RC than beta 3. Maybe it is just my impression.

3. I block only Java, Popups and Advertisments. I am doing the same settings on beta 3 as on RC.

Maybe someone can load that site that i mentioned with KM 74 beta 3 and see if scrolling works. Maybe is something that i do wrong.

Date: September 15, 2014 08:41AM

There are about a hundred more possible settings, also hidden ones :cool: And plugins and other stuff etc. And of course also the UserAgent Name, which you could easily exchange yourself.

But obviously your prob is not so much with beta3, but really with RC!

And it's likely that developers don't even notice this thread because of the beta3-title, which is not going to fix AGAIN since scrolling was ALREADY fixed and works now.
It would make much more sense to post your probs with RC in the official thread for the current version. But it would help to be more specific, with examples others can reproduce themselves step by step, and it probably doesn't help much to post giant screenshots of OK pages, rather comparisons of OK with Not-OK states of the same page, perhaps a little bit smaller... And first try for yourself if setting the same UserAgent helps anything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2014 09:01AM by siria.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 15, 2014 11:12AM

One setting
general.useragent.compatMode.firefox

I'm getting remorse now to have set this to true.
Someone made a macro for it, I'll add it in the final release.

Date: September 15, 2014 11:22AM

Dorian
One setting

OK. So, making this setting on KM 74 beta 3 makes scrolling working on that site, but the interface is like the one i do not like. How can i keep the old interface (the one that has left bar options) and make that site scroll working?

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 15, 2014 02:19PM

KMfan2
Dorian
One setting

OK. So, making this setting on KM 74 beta 3 makes scrolling working on that site, but the interface is like the one i do not like. How can i keep the old interface (the one that has left bar options) and make that site scroll working?

With the options said by Dorian.

Unless search by image, that I should enable Firefox compat pref and javascript, I ever see the page as posted above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2014 02:19PM by JohnHell.

Date: September 15, 2014 05:36PM

KMfan2

Grüße aus Rumänien !

I tried RC 2 and RC 1. I don't like them. I feel like they are bloated, some pages do not load fast and they look like Firefox more and more

Salutări de la România,

You can still use most of the old skins. So it does not look like "Cromox" any more. RC2 with old skin.

Only the code for the history button changed and needs an update AFAIK.
Edit history in toolbars.cfg of the old skin to new code.

History{
macros(Places_History)|Histor&y
View History. Right-click for more options.

With 74B3 You can use the old macros for changing UserAgentString.

Maybe try this google code: https://www.google.com/search?q=k-meleon&gws_rd=ssl

It does not show me much sidebar. But I use Adblock addon and CSS.
Maybe it is from that not from the page.

The recent sluggish behavior of K-Meleon comes from waiting for advertizing pages to arrive. IMHO. In the past I never blocked adds because they pay for quality content. But lately I got fed up with waiting too much.

You can try to suppress this wait by activating Tools -> Privacy -> Block Adverisement

Mayb look here for naruman's new idea what to add. It supresses a bar in Yahoo mail.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,129305,129318#msg-129318

I additionally added an lightweight adblocking extension named BluHell Firewall.
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/bluhell-firewall/

Download xpi. {6BB5760D-F97E-421B-AF5B-8457A90C3CED}.xpi

Create folder: ./k-meleon74b3/browser/extensions, copy xpi to it and restart the browser.

If it does not work try this macro by JamesD

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- xpinstallext.kmm
# ---------- Switch for addon xpi intstall to KM  ----------------
#
# Dependencies	: main.kmm 
# Resources	    : 
# Preferences	: "kmeleon.install_firefox_extension"
# Author        : JamesD  
# Version       : 0.3   2014-09-03
# -------------------------------------------------------------------------

_xpinstallext_perfcheck {
$_xpinstallext_PStatus = getpref(BOOL, "kmeleon.install_firefox_extension");
$_xpinstallext_PStatus ? 0 : setpref(BOOL, "kmeleon.install_firefox_extension", false) ; 
}

_xpinstallext_toggle {
menuchecked=getpref( BOOL , "kmeleon.install_firefox_extension" )==true;
togglepref(BOOL, "kmeleon.install_firefox_extension")  ; 
}

_xpinstallext_BuildMenu {
setmenu("&Edit", macro, _("Set FireFox extension install"), _xpinstallext_toggle, -1);
}

$OnStartup=$OnStartup."_xpinstallext_perfcheck;";
$OnInit=$OnInit."_xpinstallext_BuildMenu;";
# -------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."xpinstallext;";

Some more info about adding Firefox adblocking addons in naruman's 74b4+1 thread.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,128038,128571#msg-128571

naruman tests some interesting addons.

mfG / Cu stimă

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2014 07:08PM by guenter.

Attachments: Zwischenablage08.gif (17 KB)  
Date: September 15, 2014 06:54PM

KMfan2
Dorian
One setting: general.useragent.compatMode.firefox

But do you still not see??

- Beta3 has that "fake Firefox name tag" by default on "false".
"False" receives from the server the "good KM" page look.

- Beta3 with "fake Firefox name tag" on "true", receives from the server the "bad Firefox" page look.

- RC has that "fake Firefox name tag" by default on "true".
With "true" it receives from the server the "bad Firefox" page look.
Exactly the same as beta3 with "true".

Now, where could the solution be...? :cool:

Date: September 15, 2014 07:21PM

siria
KMfan2
Dorian
One setting: general.useragent.compatMode.firefox

But do you still not see??

- Beta3 has that "fake Firefox name tag" by default on "false".
"False" receives from the server the "good KM" page look.

- Beta3 with "fake Firefox name tag" on "true", receives from the server the "bad Firefox" page look.

- RC has that "fake Firefox name tag" by default on "true".
With "true" it receives from the server the "bad Firefox" page look.
Exactly the same as beta3 with "true".

Now, where could the solution be...? :cool:

Use the old UserAgent switching code. That way You can try more than one string.

Date: September 15, 2014 09:00PM

You too - I can't believe it! grinning smiley

Date: September 15, 2014 10:55PM

OK. Once more: I m using latest KM 74 RC 2. If i set general.useragent.compatMode.firefox to True i can scroll on bet365.com. If i set it to False i cannot. Is there a way to set it to False and scroll on bet365.com?

Date: September 15, 2014 11:57PM

Am afraid there aren't many possibilities, if you always want the best version of different sites that treat different browsers differently, then you'll have to send them different fake name tags (what a sentence, uff).

As guenter explained above, for now you can only switch user agents. Switching isn't hard, isn't there even a new automatic per-site switcher build into KM74? Am not sure, just thought I had read that, but guenter or others can tell. And then there's also the traditional way with switching per menu, which can also be on a toolbar button, with a list to choose a name from. For that you need the old version macro.

And hopefully Dorian can fix that scrolling bug, now or later, but I'd rather mention that prob in the official RC thread.
Or the site owner can possibly fix some page bug.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 12:01AM by siria.

Date: September 16, 2014 03:54PM

KMfan2
OK. Once more: I m using latest KM 74 RC 2. If i set general.useragent.compatMode.firefox to True i can scroll on bet365.com. If i set it to False i cannot. Is there a way to set it to False and scroll on bet365.com?

No.

What happens?

They have different pages for different browser engines.

Their browser switch does not recognize K-Meleon's string as a browser that uses the same engine as Firefox. Their switch looks for the string "Firefox" not for the string "Gecko" and maybe the version. This is quite common.

If it does not find "Firefox" You are sent to a page that has code that caters for another common browser engine. And that code does not scroll with K-Meleon or Firefox.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 03:59PM by guenter.

Date: September 16, 2014 04:20PM

guenter
No.

OK. Is there a way that KM switches automatic the user agent when entering a certain website ? I think it would be a nice tweak !

Date: September 16, 2014 07:45PM

That exists. I'm sure having read about it some weeks or months ago, but of course can't find it again, and neither can I look it up in the browser directly since my system is too old. Newer KM versions don't ven start with it.

Anyway, one of the developers (adodupan??) had posted a brandnew automatic UA-switcher, and the trick was you have to go to the buggy website, then toggle the UA/compat-String, and it would automatically be remembered when you visit that site in the future. No idea where the entry point for that switch is exactly, in old versions it was in F2/Privacy/Paranoia. And not sure if it's in KM74 and/or 1.8?

Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 16, 2014 10:20PM

Look at general.useragent.site_specific_overrides
This should work in gecko 24 (was removed since 25)

Date: September 17, 2014 12:23AM

Ah... thanks for the info!
And can't believe how user-hostile FF-developers have become :-( Just recently read about them for no reason removing the whole capabilities-system (which they are forced to restore again because it was a no-go for corporate IT admins), and now this. Such important functions removed for ridiculous pseudo-reasons - or I rather suspect, they remove all functions that allow users a tiny bit more control. And IE is no better, at the job we recently upgraded to IE10 and I learned that the security zone icon and shortcut was removed - for supposedly saving some 0.01 seconds at a page load!! Incredible. And again, I'm convinced they just want absolute power over users.

Now I just checked and find KM is still on Version24 - so it should still work.
Except that it doesnt sound like there's a user interface for it yet, no idea.

Regarding scrolling stumbled about this, a bit older already, no idea if still valid:
adodupan
The gestures bug is still present in both all K-Meleon 74 versions and both K-Meleon 1.8.0 Dev Builds.
When Gestures is enabled the Scroll Bar does not work correctly, The Scroll Bar does not go up and down if you try to drag it up and down.
Scrolling works when you click under or over the Scroll Bar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 12:25AM by siria.

UAS UserAgentString Switching
Date: September 17, 2014 07:26AM

# Maybe try whether on of these two UAS macros work with the other version You want.

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)
# Toggles firefox string in UAS. Name: uagent.kmm

$_ffmode_pref = "general.useragent.compatMode.firefox";

_UAgent_FFMode{
macroinfo=_("Firefox compatibility mode");
menuchecked=getpref(BOOL, $_ffmode_pref);
togglepref(BOOL,$_ffmode_pref);
}

# ----- PRIVATE

_UAgent_BuildMenu{
# tools menu
setmenu("Misc","macro",_("Firefox compatibility mode"),_UAgent_FFMode);

}

$OnInit=$OnInit."_UAgent_BuildMenu;";

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."UAgent;";

# This adds new UASs to choice and uses them for specific sites. Name: useragent.kmm

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)
#
# useragent ------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies	: main.kmm
# Resources		: -
# Preferences	: 
#
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$useragentprf="kmeleon.privacy.useragent";

New_UserAgent{
macroinfo=_("Enter New UserAgent");
$New_UserAgent_String=prompt(_("Enter the User Agent string:"),_(" UserAgent [String]"),getclipboard());
if(length($New_UserAgent_String)>0){
$New_UserAgent_Name=prompt(_("Enter the User Agent Name:Ex ( Firfox30 )"),_("User Agent[Name]"),substr($New_UserAgent_String,index($New_UserAgent_String,")")+1));
}
$New_UserAgent_Name == ""? 0:&UserAgent_Counter;
}
UserAgent_Counter{
$_i=1;$_SI=0 ;
while($_i>0){
$_udata=getpref(STRING,$useragentprf.$_i.".name");
$_SI= $_udata==""?$_i:0;
$_i= $_SI >0? 0:$_i+1;
}
setpref(STRING,$useragentprf.$_SI.".name",$New_UserAgent_Name);
setpref(STRING,$useragentprf.$_SI.".string",$New_UserAgent_String);
setpref(STRING,$useragentprf.$_SI.".sites","");

$_Count=getpref(INT,$useragentprf.".Count");

setpref(INT,$useragentprf.".Count",$_Count+1);

setmenu("&User Agent",macro,$New_UserAgent_Name,"useragent_Add(".$_SI.")");
}
UserAgent_find{
macroinfo=_("Search for New User Agent");
$_find_UAgent="http://www.useragentstring.com/pages/useragentstring.php";;
$_UAgent_State="http://www.mybrowserinfo.com";;
$_UAgent_go= $ARG=="State"?$_UAgent_State:$_find_UAgent;
opentab($_UAgent_go);
}

useragent_Menu{
	setmenu(PrivacySecurity,popup,"&User Agent");
	setmenu("&User Agent",macro,"Add New",New_UserAgent);
	setmenu("&User Agent",macro,"Seach for UAgent","UserAgent_find()");
	setmenu("&User Agent",macro,"My UserAgent ","UserAgent_find(State)");
	setmenu("&User Agent",separator,-1);

$_i=1; 
	$_uadata="";
	while($_i>0){
	$_uadata=getpref(STRING,$useragentprf.$_i.".name");
	$_uadata==""?0:setmenu("&User Agent",macro,$_uadata,"useragent_Add(".$_i.")");

if($_uadata==""){
		setpref(INT,$useragentprf.".Count",$_i-1);
		$_i=0;

}else{
		$_i=$_i+1;
		}

}

}

useragent_Add{
	macroinfo="Set User Agent  for the current web page";
	menugrayed=(index(getpref(STRING,$useragentprf.$ARG.".sites"),hostname($URL))!=-1);
	setcheck("useragent_Add2",(index(getpref(STRING,$useragentprf.$ARG.".sites"),hostname($URL))!=-1));
	$PageHost=hostname($URL);
	&useragent_Add2;

}	
useragent_Add2{
	$UASites=getpref(STRING,$useragentprf.$ARG.".sites");
	$cuntlist=getpref(INT,$useragentprf.".Count");

$_i=1; 
	$_uadata="";
	while($_i>0){
	$SitesList=getpref(STRING,$useragentprf.$_i.".sites");
		if((index($SitesList,$PageHost)==-1) and ($ARG==$_i)){
		setpref(STRING,$useragentprf.$_i.".sites",$UASites.$PageHost.";");
		}else{
			if((index($SitesList,$PageHost)!=-1) and ($ARG!=$_i)){
			$NewSitesList=sub($PageHost.";","",$SitesList);
		setpref(STRING,$useragentprf.$_i.".sites",$NewSitesList);

}

}

$_i=($_i > $cuntlist)?0:$_i+1;
	}
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."useragent_Menu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."useragent;";

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 07:29AM by guenter.

Re: UAS UserAgentString Switching
Date: September 17, 2014 07:52AM

guenter
# Maybe try whether on of these two UAS macros work with the other version You want.

Thanks !
Fisrt macro works and tgogles between firefox compatibility mode.

The second one does not find My useragent and does not find Useragent because you added one extra ";" at the end of the lines.
And the option "Set User Agent for the current web page" doesn't appear.

Date: September 17, 2014 09:46AM

KMfan2
guenter

Thanks !
Fisrt macro works and tgogles between firefox compatibility mode.

The second one does not find My useragent and does not find Useragent because you added one extra ";" at the end of the lines.
And the option "Set User Agent for the current web page" doesn't appear.

Delete the suplus ";", if You think it is wrong.

Many macros end like ;";

You can use error console to debug/ show whether it is really an error.

The macro has 3 menu items.

The macro item 1 does not find Your UAS but inserts whatever string You have in "copy" to "paste". So You would use item 2 to find a suitable string, "copy" that and "paste" it into 1 item. IMHO naruman made it so that this UAS is remebered for the site where You do it. Adds expection on a per site basis.

Item 3 shows Your current UAS and IP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 09:49AM by guenter.

Date: September 18, 2014 05:10AM

I will use first macro because the second one doesn't work. Thanks!

Date: September 18, 2014 08:42AM

KMfan2
I will use first macro because the second one doesn't work. Thanks!

Bad. It adds the strings and does not work. sad smiley

There is also autoswitcher on http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext7.htm

It may still work.

Date: September 18, 2014 08:49AM

Is there still no UA-possibility of any kind even in the final version?
If so, why? Does the old macro not work anymore?

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 18, 2014 02:24PM

siria
Is there still no UA-possibility of any kind even in the final version?
If so, why? Does the old macro not work anymore?

I'm using this one.

But not as autoswitcher. Just only the useragent.kmm and a custom .js file with my predefined user agent string to switch to.

And, in that way, works. I don't auto switcher, as that extension involves an old kplugin.

Re: UA UserAgent String Switching
Date: September 18, 2014 07:51PM

Ah, so it DOES work - thanks for the info! smiling smiley

Really glad about it. Merely toggling FF-suffix just doesn't suffice for me, and probably many others too. For example I want also a mobile UA (operamini), which on some bloated sites helps to a much better readability and speed, and sometimes I want to fake system or language, or experiment which setting improves a bad page layout, even occasionally (rare) hide the KM string for privacy reasons because it's almost a unique ID plate tongue sticking out smiley (add to it win98 and DE, then you have a 100% ID) I could just as well write my name into the UA. Thinking about it, some people would do that just on purpose, to be identified clearly.

Really wish just the old macro would be kept and the FF-compat toggle only included to it! Perhaps as 2 top lines. And the gecko-auto-switcher perhaps included too, but that could be a submenu which is more rarely needed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2014 07:54PM by siria.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.