Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Pasting problem on a forum
Posted by: BillH50
Date: September 27, 2014 02:06PM

I have trouble with pasting in a forum at sassnet.com/forums

When I try to paste something I get the following message and can not find out how to fix.

Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly.

What security setting and where do I go to change it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pasting problem on a forum
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 27, 2014 04:48PM

BillH50
I have trouble with pasting in a forum at sassnet.com/forums

When I try to paste something I get the following message and can not find out how to fix.

Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly.

What security setting and where do I go to change it?

That's for security reasons.

It's not a good idea to let javascript access the clipboard.

But, anyway, use ctrl+v. There is no need of use the icons provided by the IPBoard script:

subir fotos a internet

(the above is from another forum that uses IPBoard too, and same error, of course)

Long story short... use ctrl+v or Edit>paste, don't use icons.

Posted by: BillH50
Date: September 27, 2014 07:48PM

I only used icon after there was no paste option. I was right clicking hitting copy then in forum right clicking and then there was no paste option. Then when I hit the icon I got that message.

Will just try what you suggested.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 27, 2014 10:17PM

That is because, as it is more, and more, and more common, it isn't an actual textarea input box, but some kind of DOM (javascript) created box, as iframe if I'm not wrong, to simulate a textarea.

Quite crazy actually.

Disable Javascript and you'll have a real textarea and a real paste option in the context menu.

It's the price we pay when forum scripts want eye candy dynamic looking. Or are requested by users? Who knows. At least not by me.

(God bless the simplicity of Phorum script (the forum script used in K-meleon forums))

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.