Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Copy Paste glitch
Posted by: Grizz
Date: October 24, 2014 09:38PM

Hi All

When I copy a link, URL (or any text) and then open K-mel 74 and try top paste I get the home page URL, or address of current page,

Only work around so far is to open K-mel 74 first then do the "copy-paste"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Copy Paste glitch
Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 24, 2014 11:12PM

I am not sure that I understand your term "top paste". If you want to start KM and show a specific URL then the way to that is a command line option.

It would look something like this.
"C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\k-meleon.exe" http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net 

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: October 24, 2014 11:35PM

JamesD
I am not sure that I understand your term "top paste". If you want to start KM and show a specific URL then the way to that is a command line option.

It would look something like this.
"C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\k-meleon.exe" http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net 

He meant to write "to paste" but added a p to the "to" by accident.

Posted by: Grizz
Date: November 12, 2014 10:19PM

Correct, that was a typo

Copy pasting either way (from outside into K-Mel 74 or from K-Mel 74) results in the same symptom, the last URL get pasted

Example

I get an email with something I need to google like a persons name, so I copy the name and open K-Mel 74, try to paste the name, and get "D:\Docs\My_HomePag.htm"

or

I want to download a TV show, the file name is very long, "Show name S season number E episode number episode name who posted file compression type where it came from.file extension" I want it as "ShowName ##x## EpsName.ext" I copy "ShowName ##x## EpsName.ext" text from download page then click the link, when the download dialogue comes up I try to paste and get page address

or

I'm on one web page and find something I want to look up so I copy the text, open another TAB (CTRL+T) try to paste, and what do I get "D:\Docs\My_HomePage.htm" or "About:Blank" (depends on how I set "new page")

Posted by: siria
Date: November 12, 2014 11:08PM

Sorry, cannot test much on my old machine, better leave that bug testing to others who can run KM74 as their main machine and online.

Just perhaps a partial workaround, hoping it helps a bit in some cases:
instead of copy/paste an adress from one website into another, if you can highlight the new adress with the mouse or cursor, you can then click on the Go-Button. Depending on the setting in F2>Browsing>Selected text (flip down "Typed URLs") it will open in a new tab or any other way you wish.

By the way you can also select something and then click the Search-Button to start a search for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2014 11:09PM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 13, 2014 01:27AM

@ Grizz

Are you sure that what you are copying is getting into the clipboard? Do this as a test. Copy just as you have been doing, but instead of pasting into KM, open Notepad and paste there to see exactly what is in the clipboard.

The next question is where in KM are you pasting now? If you have an item for which you wish a search performed, then copy as normal and once in KM click on the search button. The input field will open and you paste into that field.

If what siria and I have noted does not help, then post again with more details.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.