Unexpected situation on installing the Event Logging module: running the install queries from file ./mods/event_logging/db/mysql/2.php failed. The error was ALTER command denied to user 'k14285rw'@'172.30.30.72' for table `k14285_kmeleon`.`phorum_event_logging` Maximised window can be moved
Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Maximised window can be moved
Posted by: gordon451
Date: May 29, 2011 03:11AM

Hi everyone -

I accidentally discovered (about 10 minutes ago) that a KM 1.6.0b2 maximised window can be dragged around the screen by left-clicking on the tab bar. A "restored" window (un-maximised) can be dragged in either the title bar or the tab bar. If you move the maximised window and then restore it, KM will remember the last position you had the restored window, and place the new instance there. KM will always maximise to the correct positioning.

I cannot reproduce this behaviour on any other app.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Gordon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Maximised window can be moved
Date: May 29, 2011 03:33AM

I found this post talking about moving maximised windows where the title bar has been disabled/removed.

Can I assume that all 1.6.x ++ will have this feature?

Gordon.

Posted by: deadlock
Date: June 04, 2011 07:27PM

gordon451
I found this post talking about moving maximised windows where the title bar has been disabled/removed.

Can I assume that all 1.6.x ++ will have this feature?

Gordon.

I guess it was never requested.
I thought it was optional, but it is a result
of the other request you mentioned.

Please report this bug at:

kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/

And attach this solution to it.

void CTabReBar::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
{
int buttonID = GetButtonIDFromPoint(point);
if (buttonID<0)
{
if(theApp.preferences.bMaximized == false) // disallow moving if maximized
{
GetParentFrame()->SendMessage(WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_MOVE+1, MAKELPARAM(point.x,point.y));
}
}
else
{
CToolBar::OnLButtonDown(nFlags,point);
}
}

(edit: changed true to false)

Code is tested, works fine in current
CVS-Version 1.6b2 of K-Meleon.exe.

deadlock

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2011 12:29PM by deadlock.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 04, 2011 11:36PM

you have to admit it's a very cute bug though..completely unexpected but nice and weird!

hey gordon, if you're still using alpha4; there's a missing component file there which you should add from the beta components folder it's called js_bridge.xpt

i've uploaded it there:
http://kmext.sf.net/tests/js_bridge.xpt

save it to k-meleon\components folder and then delete those 2 files in components:
compreg.dat
xpti.dat

restart kmeleon

the jsbridge.xpt is important in linking mfc dialogs from xul windows, without it you won't be able to see exceptions and view passwords buttons in preferences>privacy and security

Date: June 05, 2011 04:36AM

disrupted
you have to admit it's a very cute bug though..completely unexpected but nice and weird!

the jsbridge.xpt is important in linking mfc dialogs from xul windows, without it you won't be able to see exceptions and view passwords buttons in preferences>privacy and security

Cute? You got used to it?
We'll have to request a preferences entry
to preserve it optional for future versions.

Really weird is, if there is only one option
in preferences that depends on jsBridge.dll.
Tools/Privacy dialogs work fine without it.

Posted by: siria
Date: June 05, 2011 07:35AM

Have a dim memory... Yep, that moving thing was definitely intentional:
http://kmeleon.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/kmeleon/k-meleon/TabReBar.h?sortby=date&view=log

Personally I find it quite cool too, considering the growing number of people who want to save the space of the titlebar, and hide it somehow, as already mentioned in the old forum links above.
Don't see any harm in it, but can't get it working myself, grmpf - does the tab bar have to be at the top or something?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2011 07:43AM by siria.

Date: June 05, 2011 12:45PM

siria
Have a dim memory... Yep, that moving thing was definitely intentional:
http://kmeleon.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/kmeleon/k-meleon/TabReBar.h?sortby=date&view=log

Personally I find it quite cool too, considering the growing number of people who want to save the space of the titlebar, and hide it somehow, as already mentioned in the old forum links above.
Don't see any harm in it, but can't get it working myself, grmpf - does the tab bar have to be at the top or something?

Siria:
Intentional only for restored mode (normal window mode).
Neither minimized nor maximized require this for any user.

You have it working, it is always on.
Left Mouse down on free tab area and move it to the right.
Doubleclick creates new tab there.

Try in maximized mode too. Did not yet try this in
fullscreen F11 mode, would have to activate always visible
tab bar for a test of that mode.

The partly broken vtop mode has nothing to do with it.
I'm using 'Display menubar as toolbar' if that matters.

Date: June 05, 2011 12:51PM

Hi disrupted - Ummm... No, it's supposed to be beta2 :s. I checked my file listing and js_bridge.xpt, compreg.dat and xpti.dat are present in the main folder.

@siria - I haven't removed/hidden the title bar, the bug just works with the tab bar in the normal(4 down) position. I just have to be careful I don't invoke it... tongue sticking out smiley

@deadlock - I think I will report it as a bug, but I take on board your and siria's comments. I am not sure we need to absolutely delete this "feature".

Gordon.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 05, 2011 09:04PM

I am not sure if I saw this in the thread or not, but a double click on the title bar will both max and restore the window size. I am using 1.6.0 beta2.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.
K-Meleon