Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Deleted Search Engine entries
Posted by: Yogi
Date: December 26, 2014 01:13PM

I assume it's a bug, one I can live with though. Applies to both KM-74 & KM-75

If I delete a search engine (Finding Websites/Search Engines), it's gone there.
However, if I want to add a search engine (Finding Websites/Web Search or URL Bar) the name of the deleted search engine is still there even so it can't work anymore.

It's just irritating. Where are those entries stored, so I can delete them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deleted Search Engine entries
Posted by: siria
Date: December 26, 2014 01:40PM

I've given up years ago using the regular way, didn't work too often. For manual config, look for a file search.xml in the profile folder and filter for "search" in about:config

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 26, 2014 02:06PM

Yogi
I assume it's a bug, one I can live with though. Applies to both KM-74 & KM-75

If I delete a search engine (Finding Websites/Search Engines), it's gone there.
However, if I want to add a search engine (Finding Websites/Web Search or URL Bar) the name of the deleted search engine is still there even so it can't work anymore.

It's just irritating. Where are those entries stored, so I can delete them?

The search has had a bug. It did not write the search.xml in UTF-8. So someone hot fixed it so that it now writes UTF-8 but all in one line. And it is now stored somewhere else.

The items You add are AFAIK in the search.xml that is in the used profile folder. But AFAIK it also uses the search.xml that is in ./browser/defaults. That is the one (master copy) that You cannot edit from the K-Meleon menus. You can edit it with an UTF-8 capable editor.

Of old this was better except for the UTF-8 bug. You had a full copy of the search.xml in Your used profile and You were able to edit that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 02:15PM by guenter.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: December 26, 2014 02:50PM

Thanks Günter!
For some reason I've missed the search.xml in the browser/default folder. Deleted the respective entries and they are gone for good now. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 02:51PM by Yogi.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.