Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
url empty in bookmarks
Posted by: tyler
Date: February 18, 2015 12:56PM

Hello everybody,

If I select Spanish as the language after adding a bookmark url field is empty. Therefore, bookmark pages do not work. I do not understand why this happens. It is a bug?

Sorry about my poor English, is not my native language. I hope the content of the message is understood.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: url empty in bookmarks
Posted by: guenter
Date: February 18, 2015 07:01PM

Hola,

Go Ayuda -> Solucion de Problemas to check whether You have writing privileges.

I have changed to Spanish but bookmark worked for me. Missing writing privileges is an often encountered reason for writing no correct bookmarks.

If it is not that?

The other reason that I read about recently was that a K-Meleon did not write to an empty bookmarks.html file. Make sure bookmarks.html, the file has at least one bookmark entry.

Greetings to Spain from Germany

p.s. Your English is as good as mine - almost nobody here speaks English natively.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2015 07:02PM by guenter.

Date: February 18, 2015 07:53PM

It is really rare to happen. With any other language (english, french, ...) I keep my bookmarks correctly, but when switching to Spanish bookmarks are saved but not the url, so they obviously didn't work then. In fact, I have to put k-meleon in English to save bookmarks correctly.

I have write privileges and like I said it works for other languages. O.o

PS: Greetings to Germany from Spain. And thank you very much, Guenter.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: February 18, 2015 07:55PM

This is a bug with the spanish locale.
Download the attached file and save it in your kmeleon folder inside 'locales/es-ES'. This should fix it.

Attachments: bookmarks.dll (7 KB)  
Date: February 18, 2015 08:04PM

Just download it and it worked. Thank you sooo much, Dorian. The problem is solved.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.