Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
KM hijacking keyboard shortcut
Posted by: stsoe
Date: February 10, 2012 01:10PM

Hi!

In my favorite text editor on a Windows XP box I use the shortcut ALT ö (= german umlaut &oumlwinking smiley

As soon as I launch k-Meleon, it does not work anymore, after closing KM it works again. 100% reproduceably. Other shortcuts, even Alt ä, are fine.

In KM, ALT ö does not seem do have any effect.

Vanilla accel.cfg of course.

Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KM hijacking keyboard shortcut
Posted by: gordon451
Date: February 17, 2012 12:50PM

Hi stsoe -

Where does the "ö" ö map to on the US-EN keyboard?

Gordon.

Posted by: stsoe
Date: February 24, 2012 07:44PM

Hi Gordon, thanks for replying!

It maps to ; semicolon.

When I switch to US keyboard, neither program shows any reaction on pressing ALT + this key

Posted by: gordon451
Date: February 25, 2012 12:41PM

That's interesting. It shows that both apps respond to the software mapping rather than the hardware (just thinking aloud smiling smiley ) Now I'm wondering... You mentioned the vanilla accel.cfg, have you searched for files containing ö or Ö in your KM folders? I'm trying to not think of this as a bug until we really have to, but it wouldn't be the first time an app has unintentionally seized a resource.

Which reminds me. Take a look through the Bug Tracker at left on the green side-bar, see if this has been mentioned.

If we can't find anything in your folders or Bug Tracker, then we may want to call for help.

Gordon.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.