Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Not Able to Select Mulitple Items with Shift Key
Posted by: Jody Thornton
Date: May 05, 2015 05:56PM

Hi there:

I am trying out K-Meleon 75 and when I go to any email site, I can not hold down Shift and select multiple messages. Usually, I press Shift, and click on the first and last boxes I wish to select, and the whole range is highlghted. But when I press Shift in the new K-Meleon, it will not select anything.

Any help is appreciated. I must say this browser is working even better than K-Meleon 74.
smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2015 08:22PM by Jody Thornton.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Not Able to Select Mulitple Items with Shift Key
Date: May 06, 2015 12:36AM

Never mind. Solved it - I think. I renamed the accel.cfg file in the "defaults" directory. It works now.

Posted by: siria
Date: May 06, 2015 06:52AM

ROFL!! Want to get rid of an old ring but finger has grown too thick? Hack off the arm at the shoulder - voila, prob solved! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Date: May 27, 2015 01:50PM

Well, hey! It worked, and I wasn't getting any responses. So maybe it was overkill, but I don't really need any fancy K-Meleon specific keyboard shortcuts any how. I'd rather the website work the way I'm used to.

Posted by: siria
Date: May 27, 2015 07:40PM

Well yes, but not ALL are fancy, and the prob is that other clueless readers might do the same and then some time later get angry because lots of things don't work anymore at all. And meanwhile they've forgotten again about their own changes.

Just look inside that file, there are two lines starting like that:
SHIFT LButton
Disable them by starting those lines with a comment sign: #
and look if that helps?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.