Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
KM does not save IE-Bookmarks (Favorites)
Posted by: Mark
Date: July 03, 2012 12:57AM

Hi,
after searching hours I must ask here:
I am using Version 1.5.4, as OS I a using Win98SE and WinXPPro Sp3. On both system IE and KM is running. So I have activated the IE-Favorite-Plug-in. The path of the Favorite-folder is changed to another drive (e.g. i:\favoriten) and this path is also changed in the registry and in KM (IE-Plug-in - folder for new favorites).
IE is working correctly with it´s Favorites.
KM is reading the IE-Favorites and I also can edit them. But KM does not save Favorites, neither via the menu (Favorites - Add) nor with right-click (add Favorites).
Because I have not found any hint or report about this behaviour I assume that it is my fault - but I can´t see it, I don´t understand what´s wrong.
Please help.
Regards, Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KM does not save IE-Bookmarks (Favorites)
Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 03, 2012 12:19PM

Mark
The path of the Favorite-folder is changed to another drive (e.g. i:\favoriten) and this path is also changed in the registry and in KM (IE-Plug-in - folder for new favorites).

If the path is changed in the registry, perhaps KM can save to default. I am not sure, because I just use default for both. Try making KM use default. Don't forget to restart KM after making the change.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Re: KM does not save IE-Bookmarks (Favorites)
Posted by: Mark
Date: July 03, 2012 12:53PM

No, KM does not save anywhere.
By accident I found out the reason:
As mentioned I added in the IE-favorites-plug-in-adjustments the path for the (new) favorites, because I assumed this was necessary when changing the location of the favorites-directory for correct working. I don´t know why, but this was wrong: When inserting here the real location of the favorites-directory KM does not add/save new favorites. When keeping this empty (and still having changed the location in the registry HKLU-software-microsoft-windows-explorer etc.) KM adds the new favorites and allows to edit them.
Regards, Mark

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.