Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: new build75
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 11, 2015 10:09PM

JohnHell
Archer
Hi Developer,

no matter what you select in

Preferences > File Handling > Save the file to the download folder

al well in about:config and type the path for kmeleon.download.saveDir

K-Meleon always save the files in the standard data directory in the directory Downloads sad smiley

Three topics below you have the answers. Why you told it here is a mistery.

Please, moderators, move these posts (mine deleted) to that thread.

Decline to remove Your valuable post. Known bugs can have more than one reminder.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Archer
Date: July 12, 2015 09:04PM

sorry guys,

I used the search for "browser.download.dir" but there was nothing found

I solved the problem with about:config
rightclick > new integer > browser.download.folderList > 2

unfortunately my English is not so good and this forum software is a bit strange

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 12, 2015 09:51PM

Archer

sorry guys,

I used the search for "browser.download.dir" but there was nothing found

I solved the problem with about:config
rightclick > new integer > browser.download.folderList > 2

unfortunately my English is not so good and this forum software is a bit strange

Thank You for the contribution.

p.s Enlish is the lingua franca of this forum and the Phorum version is ancient.

You are free to post in any language - You only have to be lucky to find someone that can answer Your post in that language. grinning smiley

You have good chances to find a native speaker to answer for: French, Spanish, Russian and German. Some other languages may take longer or are not spoken at all.

Du kannst fragen/posten in welcher Sprache du willst. Und dass jemand, der was sucht, hinterher die Anwort dafür postet, hatten wir lange nicht mehr. Danke. Gruß aus Hannover

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2015 10:24PM by guenter.

Posted by: martin9
Date: August 01, 2015 10:29PM

I switched a few days ago from K-Meleon 1.75 beta3 to 75 final. The final version crashes when I open websites with video content. For example the site of my e-mail provider (arcor.de) crashes a lot. Either K-Meleon crashes and I have to restart K-Meleon or K-Meleon doesn't respond anymore. I have to close every window and end k-meleon.exe over the task manager. I had the problem too, when I visited a facebook site. As long as the facebook site shows only text - no problem, a video comes in sight - crash (and the video wasn't started).

Youtube is working fine, so it can't be videos in genral that causes the crash. Has anyone an idea what causes the problem and how I could avoid the crashes?

Posted by: rodocop
Date: August 01, 2015 10:38PM

Martin,

try to get this portable Flash and unpack it to the browser\plugins folder (create it if not present).

Restart and see if smth would change. Report here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2015 10:38PM by rodocop.

Date: August 05, 2015 08:30PM

rodocop, thank you for your help. The portable flash plugin works very good. The third day now and no problems, that looks really good.
Does the plugin has an own website, so that I can see, when a new version is released?

Date: August 06, 2015 12:17AM

You can check the corresponding thread where our comrade JohnHell posts all portable updates.

Say thank to him.

P.S. I don't know where does he get them from.
But general info about updating of Flash Player is published - sure - on the Adobe website ;-)

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 06, 2015 02:05PM

rodocop

My owns installs obviously winking smiley and with custom hexings.

If I could, I'd extract them from the installers directly, but they are in compressed and/or encrypted binary format.

Maybe I dig if there is a way, but I don't know if it will be.

Date: August 06, 2015 06:07PM

Thank you for you work! These portable builds are very helpful for us with low-end PCs.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: August 06, 2015 07:13PM

The unhexed 18 series seem to be available here.
Another source with the unhexed ESR version too (I can't guarantee for the trustworthiness of the source).

OT:
I see that Google search brings up the respective thread of our forum when searching for the above.
IMHO this is rather an unnecessary risk than a benefit. I won't go into details but I assume you know what I mean.
Therefore, my humble suggestion whould be to obfuscate the title of that thread. It would still be available for the regulars of the forum but much harder to find for 'anybody else'.

In case you think that I'm paranoid, forget my suggestion.

Date: August 17, 2015 08:22PM

rodocop
You can check the corresponding thread where our comrade JohnHell posts all portable updates.

Say thank to him.

But general info about updating of Flash Player is published - sure - on the Adobe website ;-)
I keep that thread in my bookmarks, thanks again and thanks to John Hell for the work.

The flash plugin is installed on my computer. So I can check the thread, if I got an update.

rodocop
Thank you for you work! These portable builds are very helpful for us with low-end PCs.
Hmm, the computer can't be my problem. I can live with that solution, but in my case there must be another explanation. Maybe the latest flash version has some issues with K-Meleon.

Posted by: visionhelp
Date: August 18, 2015 06:51AM

Hi, rodocop,

rodocop
try to get this portable Flash and unpack it to the browser\plugins folder (create it if not present).

It is not the folder \K-Meleon\kplugins\ . . ., if I may advice this, because I - at least - was - most - confused.

Date: August 18, 2015 11:31PM

Yes,

it's [K-Meleon]\browser\plugins

kplugins are own native modules of KM itself

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.