Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
OUTLOOK and IE
Posted by: kayleeusa
Date: July 30, 2012 04:26AM

I love K=meleon. I have set it as my default browser, both within the program and on my control panel. However when I click a link in outlook express, it tries to open in IE. How can I stop this? I'm using K-Meleon to get away from IE.

Thanks for any help.
Kaylee

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OUTLOOK and IE
Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 30, 2012 12:30PM

@ Kaylee

I had the same problem. It requires that you set the associations for a couple of filetypes to point to K-Meleon. The filetypes that you must set are 'htm' and 'html'. In my windows 7 ops system, that is found in control panel, set defaults, set associations. I am not sure if the same wording for the action is used in XP or other operating systems. However you should be able to find it from the control panel. If you cannot find it, post here again and tell us your operating system.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Re: OUTLOOK and IE
Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 04, 2012 01:29AM

kayleeusa
I love K=meleon. I have set it as my default browser, both within the program and on my control panel. However when I click a link in outlook express, it tries to open in IE. How can I stop this? I'm using K-Meleon to get away from IE.

Thanks for any help.
Kaylee

Kaylee,

IF you are using XP (not sure about Windows 7), you can use setbrowser to force windows to use your choice of browser.

http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/setbrowser/

Hint: when you look at the choices, pick Netscape, then make sure to pick the location using the dialog box (for K-Meleon or any other Gecko browser, such as Firefox or SeaMonkey).

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.